Menu icon Foundation
View in browser - Outlook 2010

I created a series of email templates using zurb stack and they all tested out nicely for the various email clients, including Outlook 2010, which is the version pc users at my work use.  However, they click the "view in browser" option in Outlook the email breaks.  I know that outlook uses the default browser to display the email, which in this case it's IE 11, but when I test my code in IE 11 it looks good.

My assumption is we as developers don't have any control over how an email will render when opened in a browser by clicking the "view in browser" option in Outlook.  Does anyone have any insight on this and/or links to more info to share on this?

Outlookview in browser

I created a series of email templates using zurb stack and they all tested out nicely for the various email clients, including Outlook 2010, which is the version pc users at my work use.  However, they click the "view in browser" option in Outlook the email breaks.  I know that outlook uses the default browser to display the email, which in this case it's IE 11, but when I test my code in IE 11 it looks good.

My assumption is we as developers don't have any control over how an email will render when opened in a browser by clicking the "view in browser" option in Outlook.  Does anyone have any insight on this and/or links to more info to share on this?

Rafi Benkual about 3 years ago

Not sure how it is breaking though it brings up a couple questions.

- What is the use case for having a view in browser link? 

- When you inspect the page, do you see that the email is in an iframe inside the page?

Rich Bothe about 3 years ago

There isn's a use case for having a "view in browser" link nor am I providing one.  Outlook client provides that option as part of Outlook.

As far as iframe, I'll confirm and check back here thereafter.

Marlin H.Wright about 1 year ago

I think it's really helpful for research paper writers/7dollar as it is easy to use and we can use this as it is very simple, Will definitely recommend it to others as well because lots of users are searching for these type of queries and cannot find the authentic source for their work, It looks like compatible and can able to work for us in a proper way.