Menu icon Foundation
Foundation 6 Orbit in Tabs

Hi all, I'm trying to do an apparently simple task but I ran into this issue where if a switch between tab happens the orbit slider wouldn't init. I tried triggering 

$('.orbit').foundation();

And I get the error message: 

"Tried to initialize orbit on an element that already has a Foundation plugin."

Here's the pen: http://codepen.io/mzsolt/pen/edwzNw

Any help or tip would be appreciated!

OrbittabsReflowReinit

Hi all, I'm trying to do an apparently simple task but I ran into this issue where if a switch between tab happens the orbit slider wouldn't init. I tried triggering 

$('.orbit').foundation();

And I get the error message: 

"Tried to initialize orbit on an element that already has a Foundation plugin."

Here's the pen: http://codepen.io/mzsolt/pen/edwzNw

Any help or tip would be appreciated!

Zsolt Mar almost 3 years ago

Anyone?

Yaz 11 months ago

I am trying to do this also and getting the same response. Is the foundation forum abandoned? No one answers

Yaz 11 months ago

I found this answer in the forums on another post, hope this helps.

This is how you re-initialize Orbit in Foundation 6 after switching the tab or triggering JS event:

var orbit = new Foundation.Orbit($('#example'), {animation: 'fade',
    timerDelay: 8000,
    pauseOnHover: true,
    navButtons: false,
    bullets: false
});

Yaz 11 months ago

I found this answer in the forums on another post, hope this helps.

This is how you re-initialize Orbit in Foundation 6 after switching the tab or triggering JS event:

var orbit = new Foundation.Orbit($('#example'), {animation: 'fade',
    timerDelay: 8000,
    pauseOnHover: true,
    navButtons: false,
    bullets: false
});

Justin Graber 23 days ago

Yaz, I'm having issues with the same thing but I'm unsure how to use your code. Can you offer any more details? How do I tie that to a tab switch?

Yaz, I'm having issues with the same thing but I'm unsure how to use your code. Can you offer any more details? How do I tie that to a tab switch?