Menu icon Foundation
Foundation 6 Build

Hi - noob here. Just getting started with the Foundation CLI. So far so good, but I'm at the point where I want to build files for production. I run 'foundation build' at the terminal, and it compiles the sass, but nothing else happens. I'm using the starter template, and I haven't customized the gulpfile at all - I know I'm leaving some steps out somewhere (eg. where do I point to the dist folder?). Can someone point me in the right direction? I couldn't find anything more specific in the docs.

Thanks!

buildfoundation 6foundation cli

Hi - noob here. Just getting started with the Foundation CLI. So far so good, but I'm at the point where I want to build files for production. I run 'foundation build' at the terminal, and it compiles the sass, but nothing else happens. I'm using the starter template, and I haven't customized the gulpfile at all - I know I'm leaving some steps out somewhere (eg. where do I point to the dist folder?). Can someone point me in the right direction? I couldn't find anything more specific in the docs.

Thanks!

Bradley Cooper about 3 years ago

You can use Gulp as a side task runner

Simon Abrams about 3 years ago

Thanks @Bradley. I think my question was more about the

foundation build

command that's part of the Foundation CLI. I didn't know if it would automatically set up source/app and _dist/production folders, of if I needed to do all that myself.

Thanks!