Menu icon Foundation
Foundation 6 Sites into a Hybrid App?

Hi,

Is there a way to make a site I created with Foundation 6 Sites behave like a mobile app? It will function off line on tablets. I am reading about hybrid frameworks to see if this would work. Any thoughts?

Thanks!

foundation 6siteshybrid app

Hi,

Is there a way to make a site I created with Foundation 6 Sites behave like a mobile app? It will function off line on tablets. I am reading about hybrid frameworks to see if this would work. Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Rafi Benkual over 2 years ago

Are you looking to use a wrapper like phonegap? 

You can use Foundation since these wrappers basically create a web browser. More info here: https://www.smashingmagazine.com/2014/02/four-ways-to-build-a-mobile-app-part3-phonegap/#an-html-css-and-javascript-foundation-for-mobile-development

What type of App are you building?

RCD over 2 years ago

Thanks for the link Rafi!

I am making an educational resource that basically organizes large amounts of info (text, images, videos). All the working files will be saved on a ipad (at least that is the solution at this point). But I am looking at ways to make it appear native and respond faster without the load time delay. Having it work exactly like an app, with its own icon and such would be ideal.

I am just getting into this hybrid app stuff, so still some things to learn.

Many thanks