Menu icon Foundation
Disable responsive menu on large Screen

I want to use a drilldown Menu on small and medium screen sizes. This works perfectly fine. But how can I prevent Foundation from manipulating the DOM on large screen sizes? Is there a way to destroy it via JS?

<ul class="vertical large-horizontal menu" data-responsive-menu="drilldown large-simple">

It would be nice to have something like large-simple as data-responsive-menu option.

foundation6FS6topbarresponsiveMenudisabledestroy

I want to use a drilldown Menu on small and medium screen sizes. This works perfectly fine. But how can I prevent Foundation from manipulating the DOM on large screen sizes? Is there a way to destroy it via JS?

<ul class="vertical large-horizontal menu" data-responsive-menu="drilldown large-simple">

It would be nice to have something like large-simple as data-responsive-menu option.

Maik Schneider almost 3 years ago

My current workaround: Adding a new menu plugin-Option in foundation.responsiveMenu.js

var MenuPlugins = {
  dropdown: {...},
  drilldown: {...},
  accordion: {...},
  simple: {
    cssClass: '',
    plugin: function(){
      this.destroy = function(){}
    }
  }
};

This way you can use large-simple, medium-simple,.. to disable a menu manipulation by Foundation 6.

Rafi Benkual almost 3 years ago

Did you want it to always show the mobile menu? What is the design problem you are solving?