Menu icon Foundation
Top-bar vs hamburger set point

I've been using Foundation for a few years now (started at 5, and now have used several versions of 6). One thing that continues to frustrate me is the transition point from the top-bar menu going to the hamburger. ( I want to be able to set when the hamburger appears / disappears.

It seems self evident that this transition point should be independent of the small/medium/large settings. Some sites have several nav links (wide) that require the hamburger to arrive at a higher px/em/rem. Other sites that have very few nav links, can simply leave the burger hidden until on a small screen.

I've been using SASS to change the medium set point from 640px to (what ever I need based on how wide the list of nav links is)... So. Here's the question. Am I doing this wrong? OR...

Does anyone see the logic in this? I can't be the only developer that wants to leave the S / M / L set points alone but I do want to EASILY set the point at which the hamburger arrives and disappears.

tob-barmenuhamburger

I've been using Foundation for a few years now (started at 5, and now have used several versions of 6). One thing that continues to frustrate me is the transition point from the top-bar menu going to the hamburger. ( I want to be able to set when the hamburger appears / disappears.

It seems self evident that this transition point should be independent of the small/medium/large settings. Some sites have several nav links (wide) that require the hamburger to arrive at a higher px/em/rem. Other sites that have very few nav links, can simply leave the burger hidden until on a small screen.

I've been using SASS to change the medium set point from 640px to (what ever I need based on how wide the list of nav links is)... So. Here's the question. Am I doing this wrong? OR...

Does anyone see the logic in this? I can't be the only developer that wants to leave the S / M / L set points alone but I do want to EASILY set the point at which the hamburger arrives and disappears.