Menu icon Foundation
EventEmitter memory leak

hi, just getting started with this email framework on my win 64 machine and everytime I run the "foundation new --framework" command in the node cmd prompt I get a host of EventEmitter memory leak detected errors. It can take more than 5 minutes for the script to complete and I was wondering if this is normal behaviour, a local problem or a script issue.

Foundationemail

hi, just getting started with this email framework on my win 64 machine and everytime I run the "foundation new --framework" command in the node cmd prompt I get a host of EventEmitter memory leak detected errors. It can take more than 5 minutes for the script to complete and I was wondering if this is normal behaviour, a local problem or a script issue.

[email protected] over 3 years ago

MB, I ran into that issue, over the weekend. I terminated the node process in my system. Restarted. And spun it up again, seemed to resolve itself. The npm start command is problematic. Corey had mentioned in another posted that to go this way: 

When you first start a project

foundation build 

Working on an email use

foundation watch

This works best for me.

MB, I ran into that issue, over the weekend. I terminated the node process in my system. Restarted. And spun it up again, seemed to resolve itself. The npm start command is problematic. Corey had mentioned in another posted that to go this way: 

When you first start a project

foundation build 

Working on an email use

foundation watch

This works best for me.

Corey Schaaf over 3 years ago

Sounds like a local issue. I've never run into that problem. 

Using Window 8.1 / Fouundation for Emails 2.2.1 / Stack

adam klein over 3 years ago

I had the same issues today.  

I am using:

$ node -v

v6.3.1

$ npm -v

I basically let the installation do what it needed to do and it did install everything.  These messages are a bit concerning, not sure if it is a windows thing or what, but someone should look into this.

adam klein over 3 years ago

I had the same issues today.  

I am using:

$ node -v

v6.3.1

$ npm -v

I basically let the installation do what it needed to do and it did install everything.  These messages are a bit concerning, not sure if it is a windows thing or what, but someone should look into this.

I'm not a windows person, but try reinstalling node, to the stable version. Foundation is not at version 6 yet. I forgot to mention that may have been what helped me fix my issue.