Menu icon Foundation
F6 Open accordion from external link

Hi All,

I can find discussions on how to do this using f4 and f5 but not f6.  

I want to be able to link to a specific section of an accordion from an outside page and have it automatically open the accordion when the page is loaded.

I'm not a javascript wizard, so if anyone has managed to solve this problem for F6 I'd really appreciate some help.

foundation sitesfoundation 6accordion

Hi All,

I can find discussions on how to do this using f4 and f5 but not f6.  

I want to be able to link to a specific section of an accordion from an outside page and have it automatically open the accordion when the page is loaded.

I'm not a javascript wizard, so if anyone has managed to solve this problem for F6 I'd really appreciate some help.

jinch over 2 years ago

+1 ~ I'm in need as well / running the latest v6.3.1.

Rafi Benkual about 3 years ago

Hi Julie,

I think what you're asking is called deep linking. What is the purpose of the interaction you're trying to accomplish? What is the advantage of having the content "hidden" in an accordion?

Julie Lewis about 3 years ago

Yes this is deep linking.

We are using accordions extensively on our site - it's under development, so I can't send links.

We have a page that has several accordions - one is a list of taxes that must be filed electronically - one is a list of taxes that must paid electronically.   They are long lists and we need to link to them from a number of different pages.

We would like to be able to link from "Who files electronically?" on another page and have that accordion open on the page - and the same with "Who pays electronically?"

We have figured out a javascript to do this, but if F6 has a built-in function, we'd prefer to use that.

As an aside - it would be really helpful to sort the forum posts by version. Especially since the syntax for accordion seems to change significantly with every release.