Menu icon Foundation
Premade CSS Themes List?

I'm converting my project from jQuery UI to Foundation 6. The trouble is that one of the main features is the ability to select from a list of CSS themes. I know almost nothing about CSS and was originally able to pull a bunch off of http://jqueryui.com/themeroller/.

I'm having trouble finding anything like that for Foundation. Does Foundation offer a bunch (8+) of premade themes, preferably an all-in-one zip file? Does Foundation offer a WYSIWYG theme creator like jQuery UI's Themeroller? Are there any other sites that offer one, or both, of those two?

cssthemethemesThemerollerConvertconversionjquery ui

I'm converting my project from jQuery UI to Foundation 6. The trouble is that one of the main features is the ability to select from a list of CSS themes. I know almost nothing about CSS and was originally able to pull a bunch off of http://jqueryui.com/themeroller/.

I'm having trouble finding anything like that for Foundation. Does Foundation offer a bunch (8+) of premade themes, preferably an all-in-one zip file? Does Foundation offer a WYSIWYG theme creator like jQuery UI's Themeroller? Are there any other sites that offer one, or both, of those two?

Alexander Kunchevsky about 3 years ago

Hello Sean!

There are not many themes for Foundation out there. 

We've just started sharing our free themes for Foundation, you may check it out here: http://es-di.com/foundation/

Hope it helps.

Sean McDonnell about 3 years ago

Well I'm not really a web developer. I'm mostly a Java developer and am responsible for converting our project (a Java Web Application) to use a responsive web design philosophy. We, the developers, are tired of having a standard code base and a mobile code base because all changes, effectively, need to be done twice. We all know very little about web design. I was randomly chosen to do the conversion. I understand CSS for the most part but have no background in actually doing anything with it.

I've tried looking into SASS but am having trouble understanding how to even install it. All of the instructions are written in Linux commands and I work in a Windows environment and I have no idea how to convert those to Windows commands.

Is there a jar file I can simply stick in the dependency list or is there a zipped download like the "Complete" Foundation 6 download where I can just stick the required files where they need to be?

It's mostly for colors. I'd like to emulate, as best I can, the colors from the jQuery UI themes so that our current clients see minimal change when this upgrade goes live.

Jacob Brooks about 3 years ago

I haven't specifically looked for any sites that offer pre-made Foundation themes, so I cant say there aren't any, but I would recommend trying to learn some CSS. Easier said than done, I understand, but if you want to keep building sites, it could really benefit you. That being said, which things are you trying to theme? Colors? Font sizes/Font Familes? Foundation comes with base styling to look like everything you see here: http://foundation.zurb.com/sites/docs/global.html

One great addition to the new Foundation 6 Sass build is the Color Palettes. If you dont know much CSS, Sass might seem like a hard place to begin, but from a code language standpoint, you can write plain CSS in a Sass file and it will still work. Sass just gives you a lot of extras that you can't accomplish with plain CSS.

The reason I bring up the Sass version of Foundation is that you can change the color of your foundation build with little effort. The Color Palette feature means you can change the Foundation Blue ($Primary-Color) to whatever color you want and the whole site would then use your color instead of Foundation Blue.

Lots of great resources on learning Sass and to get up and running with the Sass build of Foundation 6. I know this might not be the answer you were hoping for, just offering a different approach. Good Luck and let me know if you have any other questions.

Jacob