Menu icon Foundation
Expanded button not expanded in Outlook 2007/10/13

While I never rule out user error, I stripped this down to the bare bones in order to mitigate that danger as much as possible. :)

Here's my Inky:

---
subject: My Email Subject
---
<container>
  <row class="collapse">
    <columns small="12" large="12">
      <button class="large expanded" href="http://google.com">WATCH NOW</button>
    </columns>
  </row>
</container>

And here's what Litmus tells me it looks like in Outhouse 2013:

Is this something I'm doing wrong?

Outlookbuttonexpanded

While I never rule out user error, I stripped this down to the bare bones in order to mitigate that danger as much as possible. :)

Here's my Inky:

---
subject: My Email Subject
---
<container>
  <row class="collapse">
    <columns small="12" large="12">
      <button class="large expanded" href="http://google.com">WATCH NOW</button>
    </columns>
  </row>
</container>

And here's what Litmus tells me it looks like in Outhouse 2013:

Is this something I'm doing wrong?

Rafi Benkual over 3 years ago

I think there should be an open issue for this on GitHub. Getting this to work on every email client without introducing other issues is more challenging. If you've seen an implementation that works, let us know!

Bryan over 3 years ago

Thanks, Rafi. I'll see if I can find that issue on GitHub and keep an eye on it.

Bryan over 3 years ago

I'm trying to post the code I've used in the past for this kind of button, but reCAPTCHA seems not to like me. Why does this forum hate me, Rafi? :)

Ahmet Ayabil over 3 years ago

Did you find an issue?

Corey Schaaf over 3 years ago

@bryan - I run into the same issue with captua. I always make a copy of my post before posting it to be safe. But I've found that the best thing to do is submit, use the checkbox feature and then click next. If the page doesn't immediately start trying to load (or if you see the loading icon in the tab where it's spinning) or if it sits on a white page, I hit the back button twice and then submit my post again.  For whatever reason, it usually takes the second time through.  You will still have to do captua twice (maybe identifying something in pics instead of the checkbox). 

Bryan over 3 years ago

Thank you, Corey. I'll follow your procedure and hope for the best.

Yes, Ahmet, I found the issue, here …