Menu icon Foundation
Best-practice for updating sass version of Foundation for Emails?

What is the best way to update an existing project to the latest version of Foundation for emails? I've never been clear on this and I don't see anything in the documentation that describes the process. I tried running npm update from within the project folder, and many node_modules were updated, but not the foundation-emails module.

Thanks!

Sassnpmfoundation for emails

What is the best way to update an existing project to the latest version of Foundation for emails? I've never been clear on this and I don't see anything in the documentation that describes the process. I tried running npm update from within the project folder, and many node_modules were updated, but not the foundation-emails module.

Thanks!

Corey Schaaf over 3 years ago

Hey Scott, 

Here's a post where I asked that very question. It's pretty easy (but I didn't it the most difficult way as there wasn't any documentation when I tried). 

Here's my post.  Rafi answer's the question in a step by step process towards the middle of this post. I also wrote some documentation on it that is still being approved which should show up on the site at some point. 

http://foundation.zurb.com/forum/posts/44856-updating-foundation-for-emails-221

Hope you find this helpful. 

Scott Bickell over 3 years ago

Replacing the src folder seems to work fine.

Scott Bickell over 3 years ago

Thanks Corey for your input. Super helpful.

I'm surprised the the update process is so janky. Probably easier for me to just create a brand new project, delete the src folder and replace it with the src folder from my existing, outdated project. Seems like that should work, but I haven't tried it yet.