Menu icon Foundation
Outlook help

Hi there, i'm trying to build a newsletter for my company.

I'm finding that even with foundation (and claim to work in outlooks!), all outlook layouts still need further hacking on top of the foundation framework (using 2.1). I'm also using the CSS version and hand coding in sublime to learn (not got into all the SASS stuff yet, one thing at a time).

Anyway i'm figuring hacks out to outlook quirks (mostly 07/10/13) using conditional statements for outlook. I'm currently stuck on one issue where my paragraphs are losing the paragraph spacing (margin bottom) when i use an <a> within it.

The point i'm at now is i'm trying to override a margin:0 attribute with a margin: 0 0 10 0 attribute with a css rule just shown to outlook 07/10/13 (if mso), but I can't for the life of me get it to override the inline margin: 0.

Pulling my hair out - hoping someone can help - i'm probably doing something really simple wrong.

Thanks!

OutlookNewbie

Hi there, i'm trying to build a newsletter for my company.

I'm finding that even with foundation (and claim to work in outlooks!), all outlook layouts still need further hacking on top of the foundation framework (using 2.1). I'm also using the CSS version and hand coding in sublime to learn (not got into all the SASS stuff yet, one thing at a time).

Anyway i'm figuring hacks out to outlook quirks (mostly 07/10/13) using conditional statements for outlook. I'm currently stuck on one issue where my paragraphs are losing the paragraph spacing (margin bottom) when i use an <a> within it.

The point i'm at now is i'm trying to override a margin:0 attribute with a margin: 0 0 10 0 attribute with a css rule just shown to outlook 07/10/13 (if mso), but I can't for the life of me get it to override the inline margin: 0.

Pulling my hair out - hoping someone can help - i'm probably doing something really simple wrong.

Thanks!

Stephen Crowther over 3 years ago

PS. Just posted this once, and for some reason it was immediately removed?

Corey Schaaf over 3 years ago

Outlook doesn't undersand the syntax margin:0px ... however if you change the case of the word margin to
Margin:0px ... it does understand. So if you're trying to override it, make sure you change the case to a caps letter. Also, don't forget the !important; to the end of your media query if you're specifying a different margin size in your media query. 

More about that here: https://www.emailonacid.com/blog/article/email-development/outlook.com-does-support-margins

Yeh I've read up on the margin/Margin thing. That is covered in foundation as it is written both ways each time.

Ive tried using important too, although strictly speaking this isn't a media query and shouldn't need it, I'm just trying to override a (non !important) inline style for outlook 07/10/13 only.

Can you post your code on codepen? 

Hmmmm never used codepen before - i'll try and figure something out!

Thanks!

did you see rafi's response to your question here?

http://foundation.zurb.com/forum/posts/45002-hacking-for-outlook

Ah - i've double posted - when i posted that other thread said it had gotten removed by a bot because it thought it was spam. So i posted this thread with a different title.

Could do with these merged really

Harry bari over 1 year ago

If still, You have any kinds of issues then you can visit here https://email-support-numbers.com/outlook-customer-support-number to fix it. Here you can get technical assistance service by the well qualified technical team.