Menu icon Foundation
Foundation Emails unzip loop

hello

I am interested in using Foundation Emails, but when I download the 'foundation-email.zip' file and attempt to extract it on my mac (osx 10.11.5) it creates a file called 'foundation-emails.zip.cpgz' - if I try to open that, it creates, 'foundation-emails-2.zip' etc etc and never gives me any extracted folders. 

thanks
robb

email

hello

I am interested in using Foundation Emails, but when I download the 'foundation-email.zip' file and attempt to extract it on my mac (osx 10.11.5) it creates a file called 'foundation-emails.zip.cpgz' - if I try to open that, it creates, 'foundation-emails-2.zip' etc etc and never gives me any extracted folders. 

thanks
robb

Corey Schaaf over 3 years ago

I'm assuming you're trying to install the non-sass version and just do the straight up CSS version? 

robb rich over 3 years ago

corey,
that is correct. 

robb rich over 3 years ago

mainly because I am just setting up a template for my client to make updates to when they send out emails, and they aren't very tech savvy. so the simpler the better.

Corey Schaaf over 3 years ago

I'm not familiar with Macs - I'm a PC guy. But can you try to download a different extractor? 

Rafi Benkual over 3 years ago

Sorry that's happening! I haven't come across that before and we tried it on several machines here (all OSX and Chrome). I did find this which may help: http://osxdaily.com/2013/02/13/open-zip-cpgz-file/