Menu icon Foundation
Foundation Emails v2 problems with SendGrid

Hi, I have been using the sidebar-hero template successfully with foundation emails v1 to send out a monthly newsletter using the SendGrid service.

Now I would like to upgrade to v2. Have tried, but I get a problem with Outlook 2013 running on a PC.

The links in the column on the right appear horizontally instead of vertically - see attached screenshot. I do not get this problem in any other email client.

Any help gratefully received!

thanksScreen shot

SendGridOutlookSidebar Hero

Hi, I have been using the sidebar-hero template successfully with foundation emails v1 to send out a monthly newsletter using the SendGrid service.

Now I would like to upgrade to v2. Have tried, but I get a problem with Outlook 2013 running on a PC.

The links in the column on the right appear horizontally instead of vertically - see attached screenshot. I do not get this problem in any other email client.

Any help gratefully received!

thanksScreen shot

Corey Schaaf over 2 years ago

Did you convert your existing template to the new inky markup for Foundation for Emails 2.2.1? If so can you provide it? Did you also follow the migration guide when upgrading from ver1 to version 2? The migration guide can be found here: http://foundation.zurb.com/emails/docs/migration.html

Rick over 2 years ago

Hi, thanks for your response. 

I started again from scratch with the v2 template. In fact the same thing happens if I send the raw template from SendGrid. I will post another screen shot... 

Corey Schaaf over 2 years ago

When you built your project did you use the foundation watch or foundation build command because it doesn't appear that any of the styles are being applied. When you're ready to send your email through your ESP, you need to run the foundation build command which in-lines all the styles instead of foundation watch. Once that's been done, you can copy the flat file from the dist folder.  (assuming that's what you haven't done). 

Rick over 2 years ago

Hi, I am using the CSS version, so I don't do any of that. I start with the template provided and edit it to my needs then paste the html into the v2 inky inliner along with the separate css, and then paste the resultant in-lined compressed html into sendgrid. 

Here are the screenshots of the unmodified template when sent from sendgrid to outlook...