Menu icon Foundation
Dist Assets Folder

Hi, 

I have a font awesome as a bower component that I would like to include in the build of the dist directory.

In the config.yml file I have set the path of the asset, but it will only include the folder name and not the contents.

How do i add the folder & the content to the dist build?

Thanks

Martin

F6.2.3 Sites

# Gulp will reference these paths when it copies files
PATHS:
  # Path to dist folder
  dist: "dist"  
  # Paths to static assets that aren't images, CSS, or JavaScript
  assets:
    - "src/assets/**/*"
    - "!src/assets/{img,js,scss}/**/*"

- "bower_components/font-awesome/fonts"

config.ymlassetsgulp

Hi, 

I have a font awesome as a bower component that I would like to include in the build of the dist directory.

In the config.yml file I have set the path of the asset, but it will only include the folder name and not the contents.

How do i add the folder & the content to the dist build?

Thanks

Martin

F6.2.3 Sites

# Gulp will reference these paths when it copies files
PATHS:
  # Path to dist folder
  dist: "dist"  
  # Paths to static assets that aren't images, CSS, or JavaScript
  assets:
    - "src/assets/**/*"
    - "!src/assets/{img,js,scss}/**/*"

- "bower_components/font-awesome/fonts"
Rafi Benkual about 3 years ago

I don't think you need to add the SCSS to the config file - though JS should be.

We wrote a lesson on this that should help: http://zurb.com/university/lessons/adding-on-to-a-great-foundation

Martin about 3 years ago

Hi Rafi, 

Thanks for getting back and adding the link.

Following on from the lesson, is there a reason why you would have to manually create the scss file and paste the styles from the bower_components? How does this workflow work when the core scss file is changed on an update? Would i have to go back and paste the styles again?

Ideally, back to my fontawesome issue. I dont want to have to create a fonts folder and files in the src dir manually. I would like for for gulp to get get that folder and put it in my assets folder for me, as it does for js and scss files.

Thanks

Rafi Benkual about 3 years ago

Because it's a Bower package, you wouldn't need to add it to src and you can manage updates easier from there.

Jarryd Fillmore about 3 years ago

thanks for the link to the university rafi - never knew that existed!

Martin about 3 years ago

Hi Rafi, 

Im not quite following you on the "Because it's a Bower package, you wouldn't need to add it to src and you can manage updates easier from there.".

Scenario is that the font awesome bower package is updated. I then update the package.

I now have to go into that bower_components folder and copy and paste the fonts folder and files into my assets folder.

Can i not just copy a folder from bower_components into the assets folder?

Thanks