Menu icon Foundation
npm run litmus without aws

Currently this command fires off a litmus test but ALSO requires an Amazon Web Services account. Doesn't work without it.

npm run litmus

I host my own images and I don't need the AWS part, only the Litmus test functionality. I tried to hack a few obvious items in gulpfile.babel.js and config.json, but it didn't work.

Anyone else have this issue?

npmlitmusAWS

Currently this command fires off a litmus test but ALSO requires an Amazon Web Services account. Doesn't work without it.

npm run litmus

I host my own images and I don't need the AWS part, only the Litmus test functionality. I tried to hack a few obvious items in gulpfile.babel.js and config.json, but it didn't work.

Anyone else have this issue?

Rafi Benkual over 3 years ago

Interesting - how are you hosting your images? I'm sure there are other service API's that can be added in the future. 

Have you tried removing this whole block?

"aws": {
    "region": "us-east-1",
    "accessKeyId": "YOUR_ACCOUNT_KEY",
    "secretAccessKey": "YOUR_ACCOUNT_SECRET",
    "params": {
        "Bucket": "elasticbeanstalk-us-east-1-THIS_IS_JUST_AN_EXAMPLE"
    },
    "url": "https://s3.amazonaws.com/elasticbeanstalk-us-east-1-THIS_IS_JUST_AN_EXAMPLE"
  },

Scott Bickell over 3 years ago

@Rafi I tried removing that block, but npm didn't like that. Seemed like setting up a AWS account would be the easier route, and it was. Works like a champ. Very cool to see this all working. Well done.

Oh sweet! Did it go as smoothly as the ReadMe for it detailed? Any additional steps needed?

Actually, I'm unclear on how the AWS part is supposed to work. I was only able to get things working if I manually uploaded the images to my AWS bucket, then hard coded the img path into config.json

I seem to have permissions issues on the AWS side so I'm off to tinker with that.

I go back to my original position: I'd prefer the option to be able to skip AWS entirely. It is adding extra layers of unnecessary complexity for me and many questions remain about the proper config settings of AWS bucket permissions.

Right now, I'd like to be able to use something that I know works (manual image upload via FTP to my server)

Jarryd Fillmore over 3 years ago

Great help Rafi!

mxeise about 3 years ago

If you just skip the "aws" part in the gulp file, it seems to work just fine. My test was send and images showing up properly.

Change this:

// Build emails, then send to litmus
gulp.task('litmus',
  gulp.series('build', creds, aws, litmus));

To this:

// Build emails, then send to litmus
gulp.task('litmus',
  gulp.series('build', creds, litmus));

@Rafi: Or could this cause trouble?