Menu icon Foundation
Panini/Handlebars templating on the web server?

I've been developing a site on my local machine using the Zurb Templave version of Foundation and Panini for templating. 

It's a nice quick solution for templates and I'm mainly just using it for partials/templates for things like headers and footers. 

My question is, does anyone have any ideas for how to carry over the templating to the live web server? 

I can't run node.js on the web server, it is apache/php. 

Using node.js and panini on my local machine works great (particularly with browsersync!), but it means that any html edits need to be done by me. If the client wants to edit something small in the header then they either have to edit every page (which then goes out of sync with the app source files) or get me to do it. 

Since Panini is based on Hadlebars.js and handlebars is based on Mustache I was hoping I could run handlebars(php) or mustache on the web server and use that to compile the partials/layouts on the server. 

That way the client could make edits in the app/pages folder and the dist/html files would be generated on the server. 

I've looked into those options, but they seem to be much more based around run-time complilation. 

DEV: Panini/handlebars.js and Browsersync. 

WEB SERVER: PHP based templating precompilation of some form. 

How do others handle edits to sites once they've gone live on the web server? 

PHPpaniniHandlebarsmustachelive version.

I've been developing a site on my local machine using the Zurb Templave version of Foundation and Panini for templating. 

It's a nice quick solution for templates and I'm mainly just using it for partials/templates for things like headers and footers. 

My question is, does anyone have any ideas for how to carry over the templating to the live web server? 

I can't run node.js on the web server, it is apache/php. 

Using node.js and panini on my local machine works great (particularly with browsersync!), but it means that any html edits need to be done by me. If the client wants to edit something small in the header then they either have to edit every page (which then goes out of sync with the app source files) or get me to do it. 

Since Panini is based on Hadlebars.js and handlebars is based on Mustache I was hoping I could run handlebars(php) or mustache on the web server and use that to compile the partials/layouts on the server. 

That way the client could make edits in the app/pages folder and the dist/html files would be generated on the server. 

I've looked into those options, but they seem to be much more based around run-time complilation. 

DEV: Panini/handlebars.js and Browsersync. 

WEB SERVER: PHP based templating precompilation of some form. 

How do others handle edits to sites once they've gone live on the web server?