Menu icon Foundation
Javascript minify takes long (>12 s) until browsersync refreshes

I just installed the zurb template (foundation for sites) and I see very long times to compile/minify JavaScript...

Sass files are instantly showing with browsersync, but Javascript is extremely slow, more than 12 seconds. I even uncomment most of the JavaScript files in config.yml and I have litteraly one line of code in my custom app.js. I also havent changed the gulpfile.

What am I doing wrong? 

Thank you for your help, I really hope you guys have a quick fix for that.

Tim

jsbrowsersyncFoundation for Sitesissue

I just installed the zurb template (foundation for sites) and I see very long times to compile/minify JavaScript...

Sass files are instantly showing with browsersync, but Javascript is extremely slow, more than 12 seconds. I even uncomment most of the JavaScript files in config.yml and I have litteraly one line of code in my custom app.js. I also havent changed the gulpfile.

What am I doing wrong? 

Thank you for your help, I really hope you guys have a quick fix for that.

Tim

Rafi Benkual over 3 years ago

What command are you using to watch for changes?

If you are using the production build, it's possible to take longer if you have tons of plugins.

Timo Winter over 3 years ago

Thank you for your reply.

i am using 'npm start', and I also tried 'foundation watch'.

both take equally long... For JavaScript only though.

i just dont believe that foundation would release that taking thatt long- especially me already uncommenting 90% of the plugins...

so i am thinking I am doing something wrong...

any help appreciated! Thanks

Seppe Clijsters over 1 year ago

I'm working on a project and it takes 18s for every time I change something in my javascript.. 

Any solutions to make it faster?