Menu icon Foundation
How to use Foundation Sass on Coda 2.5?

I have not been able to use the command line tools to install or update a Foundation 6 project with Sass due to the numerous error messages I get on the command line that I do not understand. My understanding is that Yetti was created to remove the complexity of that for those of us who need an easier solution to configure Sass for Foundation. However, Yetti seems to be installing an old version of Foundation (6.0.3 as of 5/30/16)  whereby I have been running into numerous bugs that have been fixed in the latest version.

So, is there another way to get my project using current Foundation 6 code with Sass without command line or Yetti?

I was able to get the current css and js files using the "Download Everything" option from the Foundation 6 page:

http://foundation.zurb.com/sites/download.html/

The current files have resolved a number of the bugs I was running into but now I've lost Sass functionality.

I use Coda v2.5 which has what appears to be a very good Sass compiler Plugin whereby you can edit any .scss file and it real-time compiles it into a .css file.

Is it possible to use Coda's Sass Plugin? What directories and files do I need to get the current Foundation Sass files into my project? Is there some additional configuration file needed?

Sassyetticonfiguration

I have not been able to use the command line tools to install or update a Foundation 6 project with Sass due to the numerous error messages I get on the command line that I do not understand. My understanding is that Yetti was created to remove the complexity of that for those of us who need an easier solution to configure Sass for Foundation. However, Yetti seems to be installing an old version of Foundation (6.0.3 as of 5/30/16)  whereby I have been running into numerous bugs that have been fixed in the latest version.

So, is there another way to get my project using current Foundation 6 code with Sass without command line or Yetti?

I was able to get the current css and js files using the "Download Everything" option from the Foundation 6 page:

http://foundation.zurb.com/sites/download.html/

The current files have resolved a number of the bugs I was running into but now I've lost Sass functionality.

I use Coda v2.5 which has what appears to be a very good Sass compiler Plugin whereby you can edit any .scss file and it real-time compiles it into a .css file.

Is it possible to use Coda's Sass Plugin? What directories and files do I need to get the current Foundation Sass files into my project? Is there some additional configuration file needed?

Kevin Neal over 3 years ago

Its worth persevering with the command line, I had the same but now work perfectly.

For me the errors were being caused by node permissions, I've found that installing Homebrew and then using that to install node makes life much easier