Menu icon Foundation
Gulp Hangs on F6 Sites Install

I've installed F6 using the basic setup. I haven't changed a thing -- added no new tasks, etc -- and simply ran 'foundation watch' inside the project folder.

When I do, Terminal prints:

> [email protected] start /Users/myUser/Sites/myProject

> gulp

and the process then seems to hang. What I expect is something like:

> gulp

[15:52:56] Using gulpfile ~/Sites/myProject/gulpfile.js

[15:52:56] Starting 'sass'...

[15:52:56] Starting 'scripts'...

[15:52:56] Finished 'scripts' after 4.93 ms

[15:52:56] Finished 'sass' after 194 ms

[15:52:56] Starting 'default'...

[15:52:56] Finished 'default' after 15 ms

Can anyone please provide an idea of how to troubleshoot this?

gulp

I've installed F6 using the basic setup. I haven't changed a thing -- added no new tasks, etc -- and simply ran 'foundation watch' inside the project folder.

When I do, Terminal prints:

> gulp

and the process then seems to hang. What I expect is something like:

> gulp

[15:52:56] Using gulpfile ~/Sites/myProject/gulpfile.js

[15:52:56] Starting 'sass'...

[15:52:56] Starting 'scripts'...

[15:52:56] Finished 'scripts' after 4.93 ms

[15:52:56] Finished 'sass' after 194 ms

[15:52:56] Starting 'default'...

[15:52:56] Finished 'default' after 15 ms

Can anyone please provide an idea of how to troubleshoot this?

Daniel Ruf over 1 year ago

You just need the windows-build-tools in Windows, they do all the needed things for compiling node-sass then.

Eric Knight over 1 year ago

Struggling with Windows 10 install??

I got this to work using tips from another thread and selecting the ZURB template on a new site install...

If you've already been struggling with this, start over by uninstalling foundation: 

npm uninstall foundation --global

Then, uninstall whatever version of NodeJS you have via apps & features and switch to Node 7.1.0. 

https://nodejs.org/download/release/v7.1.0/  and be sure to select the 7.1.0.msi download.

Next, I updated to Visual Studio 2017 at http://landinghub.visualstudio.com/visual-cpp-build-tools

Now, cd into your project directory, or wherever you want your new site to live and run:

npm install --global foundation-cli

Type foundation new, select foundation for sites and the ZURB template. It takes a while to install, but the foundation watch command works and spins up a new local server for you automatically. 

Wesley Picotte over 3 years ago

My solution has been to install F6 via bower, and manually install / add tasks to the gulpfile. Helpful vid on this here -- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=De6H0eFrfvY (the vid references F5, but the process works fine for F6).

This is very manual, which completely defeats the purpose of installing Foundation via the CLI. Hence, it would be helpful to understand how to troubleshoot this, since all the "documentation" states is 'install dependencies, install our CLI, install foundation in your project, and voila'. There isn't even an error log available for troubleshooting?

Lance Gundersen over 3 years ago

This got me too....

Wesley Picotte over 3 years ago

It doesn't, though. No impact to the css file when I edit scss.

Rafi Benkual over 3 years ago

Seems like it worked as expected. If you are using a standard Sass project then it's ready for you to open with a webserver like Apache, Anvil or something like it.

The ZURB Advanced template spins up it's own server and runs browsersync.