Menu icon Foundation
How to Update Foundation 6 Zurb Template?

Hi, I downloaded Foundation 6 Zurb Template via the CLI today (May 23/2016) so I can have the most up to date version, but the bower.jason file has Version 6.2.0:

"dependencies": {
    "foundation-sites": "~6.2.0",
    "motion-ui": "~1.2.2"
  },

I entered "foundation update" in the command prompt and it verified "Nothing to update. Youre good!".

Yet the changelog lists the latest as 6.2.1. How can I update to the latest version? Is there an npm command to update my current project via the CLI? I dont know why a fresh install is not getting the latest version.

Not having the latest version may be why .button group . expanded is not working for me.

Thank you!

Updatefoundation 6clinpm

Hi, I downloaded Foundation 6 Zurb Template via the CLI today (May 23/2016) so I can have the most up to date version, but the bower.jason file has Version 6.2.0:

"dependencies": {
    "foundation-sites": "~6.2.0",
    "motion-ui": "~1.2.2"
  },

I entered "foundation update" in the command prompt and it verified "Nothing to update. Youre good!".

Yet the changelog lists the latest as 6.2.1. How can I update to the latest version? Is there an npm command to update my current project via the CLI? I dont know why a fresh install is not getting the latest version.

Not having the latest version may be why .button group . expanded is not working for me.

Thank you!

Dominik Pieper over 2 years ago

Hi,

the tilde (~) means, that bower will use the latest patch level. The "~6.2.0" means: Latest patch level, starting with 6.2.0 but less than 6.3.0

RCD over 2 years ago

Thank you Dominik! Did not know that. Cheers

Chris Johnson over 2 years ago

You should be able to replace 

"foundation-sites": "~6.2.0"

with the following to get all versions less than 6.3.0:

"foundation-sites": "^6.2.0"

Here's a link that explains in detail.