Menu icon Foundation
Equalizer works once, then stops watching or goes away

I'm loading some stuff in with ajax and reinitializing equalizer after it's rendered with `$(document).foundation();` (otherwise it won't equalize at all)

The items equalize once but then equalizer doesn't seem to watch on resize so the elements just keep their fixed width so it also doesn't honor my media query attribute `data-equalizer-mq="large-up"` so even when you break to a different size, they just keep the height they initially got from equalizer.

Just to make sure, I copied the static html of on to the page (minus the generated heights) - this sort of had the opposite effect; now the items are still equalized once - but equalizer immediately goes away as soon as I resize the window and won't come back.

What's going on here?

EqualizerReflowAJAX

I'm loading some stuff in with ajax and reinitializing equalizer after it's rendered with `$(document).foundation();` (otherwise it won't equalize at all)

The items equalize once but then equalizer doesn't seem to watch on resize so the elements just keep their fixed width so it also doesn't honor my media query attribute `data-equalizer-mq="large-up"` so even when you break to a different size, they just keep the height they initially got from equalizer.

Just to make sure, I copied the static html of on to the page (minus the generated heights) - this sort of had the opposite effect; now the items are still equalized once - but equalizer immediately goes away as soon as I resize the window and won't come back.

What's going on here?

George S over 3 years ago

Also, not sure if this is still valid in Foundation 6 but `$(document).foundation('equalizer', 'reflow');` just returns the following error:

foundation.min.js:1 Uncaught ReferenceError: We're sorry, 'equalizer' is not an available method for this element

George S over 3 years ago

Another update:

It seems that this is the proper way to do this however so this is what I'm trying now. I'm still running in to the same problem though. Equalizer works once, then just turns off on resize

var elem = new Foundation.Equalizer($(".news-snippet"), {
  equalizeOnStack: false
});