Menu icon Foundation
SPAM ON POSTINGS

Foundation Zurb! I love your framework for Emails. I love your framework for Sites. If I knew how to develop an app, I'd probably love your framework for aps.

However, I absolutely hate your forum. It's almost unusable with all the automated postings. 

Meanwhile, regular post that bots start to spam on send out notifications via email that someone has responded to a post I'm following. But low and behold it's just a spam posting. And for some reason ... legitimate postings then get flagged as spam because a bot has posted to it. 

When people are looking at your Framework, (regardless of whether its for emails, sites or aps) I would think this would deter people considering your framework. As much as I love it, I can't stand this aspect of the support forum. Even with it's rewards based system for helping others, I have been so tempted to stop because as much time and energy as I put into helping and answering people's questions, it's incredibly frustrating to come back to my post and see it flagged as spam because a bot posted to it. 

Even more frustrating, how about the person I was having a dialog with and helping solve their problem. Suddenly they see their post is spam.  What's more likely?  They say heck with your framework or support?  Or do they go out of their way to email you and say the posting ism't spam? Then wait for someone to manually un-flag it only to experience the whole thing again with another post. I've been choosing the second option and emailing, but I must say I am loosing my patience with it. 

As much as I trust the community and the contributors on the forums, you do yourself no favors by letting something as simple as bot anger the very people you want to use your framework. If I was someone new to your site it would make me question the legitimacy of your framework since you can't even stop automated bots from hitting your site. 

Wordpress themes do a better job of stopping spam bots than this ... sorry to be so harsh, but the fact that I'm writing this post and offering up criticisms mean I care about the Framework as I'm sure others do as well. But the spam on the forum has to be addressed. 

forumspamBots

Foundation Zurb! I love your framework for Emails. I love your framework for Sites. If I knew how to develop an app, I'd probably love your framework for aps.

However, I absolutely hate your forum. It's almost unusable with all the automated postings. 

Meanwhile, regular post that bots start to spam on send out notifications via email that someone has responded to a post I'm following. But low and behold it's just a spam posting. And for some reason ... legitimate postings then get flagged as spam because a bot has posted to it. 

When people are looking at your Framework, (regardless of whether its for emails, sites or aps) I would think this would deter people considering your framework. As much as I love it, I can't stand this aspect of the support forum. Even with it's rewards based system for helping others, I have been so tempted to stop because as much time and energy as I put into helping and answering people's questions, it's incredibly frustrating to come back to my post and see it flagged as spam because a bot posted to it. 

Even more frustrating, how about the person I was having a dialog with and helping solve their problem. Suddenly they see their post is spam.  What's more likely?  They say heck with your framework or support?  Or do they go out of their way to email you and say the posting ism't spam? Then wait for someone to manually un-flag it only to experience the whole thing again with another post. I've been choosing the second option and emailing, but I must say I am loosing my patience with it. 

As much as I trust the community and the contributors on the forums, you do yourself no favors by letting something as simple as bot anger the very people you want to use your framework. If I was someone new to your site it would make me question the legitimacy of your framework since you can't even stop automated bots from hitting your site. 

Wordpress themes do a better job of stopping spam bots than this ... sorry to be so harsh, but the fact that I'm writing this post and offering up criticisms mean I care about the Framework as I'm sure others do as well. But the spam on the forum has to be addressed. 

This post has been closed. No new replies can be added.

Julie Lewis over 3 years ago

I totally agree with Corey.  In addition - why is there no filter for the version of foundation instead of just sites, apps and email?  F6 is different enough from it's predecessors that F5 posts are useless.

RCD over 3 years ago

Yes, I am new to the forum and have already experienced this. Good point!

Kevin Neal over 3 years ago

Also bizarrely, I can't see the content of a forum question on mobile if there are no responses