Menu icon Foundation
Prevent media queries and HTML compress

(I believe my initial post was removed and marked as spam by accident..)

I'd like to use Foundation for Emails 2 to create a non-responsive email. How can I disable the media queries from compiling?

Also, is it possible to prevent HTML compressing when using the command line inliner?

Thanks again!

media queriesResponsivenonresponsivehtmlcompress

(I believe my initial post was removed and marked as spam by accident..)

I'd like to use Foundation for Emails 2 to create a non-responsive email. How can I disable the media queries from compiling?

Also, is it possible to prevent HTML compressing when using the command line inliner?

Thanks again!

Corey Schaaf over 3 years ago

I can answer your second question.  

When working with your code, instead of using foundation build (which is the production flag to inline your code) you can use foundation watch. 

Andrew Gray almost 3 years ago

Hi, I would love to be able to get a production file without the compression. The compression seems to be causing problems for me. For example, if I send my Zurb-Compressed file as-is through Litmus, I get some strange artifacts, such as a '/td>' showing up as text in one spot, and some unintended text colors in buttons. But if I check the box in the Litmus interface to 'inline' my test email (which it already is through the Zurb stack) the test email looks perfect with no problems, A key thing to note is that Litmus UN-compresses the file when it inlines before sending, so that's where I would like to start trouble-shooting in the Zurb stack.

Running 'foundation watch' does not process the SASS files for me, so if there are other options I would love to hear them. Of course 'npm run build' works fine except for the issues noted above.

Thank you so much for your help!

UPDATE: I ran my Zurb production file through an online un-compressor and sent it through Litmus and it rendered perfectly. I guess the email clients can't process my compressed file correctly. So if I can disable compression in the stack then I'll be golden.