Menu icon Foundation
Question about characters changing after using in-liner using SASS version of Foundation for Emails

Hey Guys, 

I have a question some character changes that are happening after I inline my project. I am using Listrak as my mailer for some of our Shopping Cart campaigns.  We have some dynamic coupon codes that get injected into the emailer from Listrak.  In order for those coupon codes to be injected dynamically, we have to use certain markup for them to be referenced. 

For example, the following is markup that I have to reference in order for my coupon code to be generated: 

<<LCG Program\TG LCG Coupon Code Default='246996'>>

However, after the in-liner gets a hold of it, this is what it spits out.  

&lt;<lcg program\tg="" lcg="" coupon="" code="" default="246996">&gt;</lcg>

I've been going back through the dist folder and manually modifying to the corrected code. However anytime I make a change to another project email or another email in the series, it recompiled my code to the incorrect version. 

While it's manageable to change it, it's more annoying than anything. There is also the risk of forgetting to manually fix this when an edit is made and a team member forgets to manually fix something like this. 

Is there a way to introduce code or markup that the in-liner would ignore? Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

inlinerfoundation for emailsSassASCHII

Hey Guys, 

I have a question some character changes that are happening after I inline my project. I am using Listrak as my mailer for some of our Shopping Cart campaigns.  We have some dynamic coupon codes that get injected into the emailer from Listrak.  In order for those coupon codes to be injected dynamically, we have to use certain markup for them to be referenced. 

For example, the following is markup that I have to reference in order for my coupon code to be generated: 

<<LCG Program\TG LCG Coupon Code Default='246996'>>

However, after the in-liner gets a hold of it, this is what it spits out.  

&lt;<lcg program\tg="" lcg="" coupon="" code="" default="246996">&gt;</lcg>

I've been going back through the dist folder and manually modifying to the corrected code. However anytime I make a change to another project email or another email in the series, it recompiled my code to the incorrect version. 

While it's manageable to change it, it's more annoying than anything. There is also the risk of forgetting to manually fix this when an edit is made and a team member forgets to manually fix something like this. 

Is there a way to introduce code or markup that the in-liner would ignore? Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Jason Mann over 3 years ago

+1

All my apostrophes are rendered as 

&apos;

after inlining. 

Corey Schaaf over 3 years ago

Jason, I also have that problem as well. 

Jason Mann over 3 years ago

I wish I understood better what the inliner was doing. My media queries are getting screwed up too: https://github.com/zurb/foundation-emails/issues/399

Hew Ingram over 3 years ago

Is the 

&apos;

a known issue? Is there a fix? My initial thought was to run a 'find and replace' process in the gulp process but I haven't worked out a nice way of doing it yet.

Rafi Benkual over 3 years ago

We're collecting up all the Inliner issues into a milestone on GitHub: https://github.com/zurb/foundation-emails/milestones/Inliner%20Update

If you see any missing reports, please submit them on GitHub and we'll be addressing them this week :)