Menu icon Foundation
How to import the settings file from a peer level folder.

I have a folder called (ui) and another folder called (apps) on the same level. I'm trying to use a variable that is set in the (ui/scss/_settings.scss) file from the (apps/scss/styles.scss) file.

In the styles.scss file I'm using this import:

@import "../../ui/scss/settings";

I am getting this error: Syntax error: File to import not found or unreadable

Both the (ui) and the (apps) folder have their own config.rb file. Is what I'm trying to do not possible or do I just need to make some changes to my config files?

The goal is to have all the apps in the app folder use the variables set in the ui folder.

config.rbimport

I have a folder called (ui) and another folder called (apps) on the same level. I'm trying to use a variable that is set in the (ui/scss/_settings.scss) file from the (apps/scss/styles.scss) file.

In the styles.scss file I'm using this import:

@import "../../ui/scss/settings";

I am getting this error: Syntax error: File to import not found or unreadable

Both the (ui) and the (apps) folder have their own config.rb file. Is what I'm trying to do not possible or do I just need to make some changes to my config files?

The goal is to have all the apps in the app folder use the variables set in the ui folder.

Rafi Benkual over 5 years ago

You should only have one config.rb file. Here is how its changed https://www.notableapp.com/posts/a8cc1b89e97dd237a18b81013352c118602a2da7