Menu icon Foundation
Links Blue In Outlook/Android Gmail

Hi,

For some reason the links in my emails appear the default link blue in Windows Outlook and the Gmail app on Android Marshmellow. I've tried placing the link in span and font tags, but it still appears blue no matter what! This is the output code after it's been inlined:

<a href="*|ARCHIVE|*" class="greyLink" style="Margin:0;color:grey!important;font-family:Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif;font-weight:400;line-height:1.3;margin:0;padding:0;text-align:left;text-decoration:none!important"><span style="color:grey!important;text-decoration:none!important"><font style="color:grey!important;text-decoration:none!important">View this email in your browser</font></span></a>

Any ideas?

Outlook

Hi,

For some reason the links in my emails appear the default link blue in Windows Outlook and the Gmail app on Android Marshmellow. I've tried placing the link in span and font tags, but it still appears blue no matter what! This is the output code after it's been inlined:

<a href="*|ARCHIVE|*" class="greyLink" style="Margin:0;color:grey!important;font-family:Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif;font-weight:400;line-height:1.3;margin:0;padding:0;text-align:left;text-decoration:none!important"><span style="color:grey!important;text-decoration:none!important"><font style="color:grey!important;text-decoration:none!important">View this email in your browser</font></span></a>

Any ideas?

Rafi Benkual about 3 years ago

Are they blue before inlining as well?

Corey Schaaf about 3 years ago

Hey Artin, 

Just out of curiosity, IOS devices and gmail try to add links to things like phone numbers, addresses etc ... When that happens, those links appear blue.  Is that possibly happening to any of your links? 

If, I've misunderstood the question, my apologies.