Menu icon Foundation
CTAs in Outook 2007/10/13

Thought it was an issue with the design I was working on so I ran the vanilla "marketing" template through and I'm having the same issue. Is there a trick to using buttons that I'm unaware of or is Outlook 2007/10/13 just bad?

Outlookoutlook2007outlook2010outlook2013

Thought it was an issue with the design I was working on so I ran the vanilla "marketing" template through and I'm having the same issue. Is there a trick to using buttons that I'm unaware of or is Outlook 2007/10/13 just bad?

JD3 Creative over 3 years ago

The CTA in the design I'm working on - also appears janky.

Rafi Benkual over 3 years ago

Well, Outlook 2007,10,13 are the biggest pain, but not sure I've ever seen this.

Can you share the code you are using? Are you trying to make a hollow button? What version of Foundation for Emails are you using?

Corey Schaaf over 3 years ago

Did you modify any of the CSS for the buttons? Based on the image, it looks like a margin is being applied to the button which would explain why the background color isn't being filled. Again, code would help in troubleshooting the problem. 

JD3 Creative over 3 years ago

I think I accidently used my modified CSS when I tested the "vanilla" foundation template.

It probably is a margin/padding issue on the button, going to investigate more and will post code & more info if I can't figure it out.

Thank you!