Menu icon Foundation
Allow page scroll - Reveal F6

Hey all, I have an odd request to allow page scrolling on the content under the reveal modal when active. Is there anyway to achieve that on the new F6 version of reveal? Thanks allot! 

revealPage Scrollmodal

Hey all, I have an odd request to allow page scrolling on the content under the reveal modal when active. Is there anyway to achieve that on the new F6 version of reveal? Thanks allot! 

Rafi Benkual over 3 years ago

Hi Trevor, you want the page to scroll beding the modal? Or you want the modal to stay fixed and scroll down the page? Just curious what that can be used for?

Matthew Wall over 3 years ago

I'm not sure what you would use it for but try this:

.reveal-overlay {
  @include breakpoint(medium) {
  overflow-y: hidden !important;
  }
}
body.is-reveal-open {
  @include breakpoint(medium) {
  overflow-y: visible !important;
  }
}

This is actually the CSS I had to use to get reveal to not shift content to the right when opening a modal. The main downside it has for me is that it adds the scroll bar and allows you to scroll the content behind the modal, which is actually what you are looking for.

Trevor Lavigne over 3 years ago

That worked perfectly, it was an odd request but I had to do it regaurdless of my efforts to convince them otherwise. They wanted the user to be able to scroll down the page to view more info. Odd I know! 

Cheers Thanks!

Rafi Benkual over 3 years ago

@matt Great assist!