Menu icon Foundation
Foundation 6.2.1 - Features, testing, and bug fixes galore!

Hey Everyone!

We’re absolutely thrilled to let you know that Foundation 6.2.1 just went out! Here’s a few of the exciting developments surrounding this release!

• We launched a new Yetinauts team into space: Yetinauts are core contributors that work with ZURBians to make Foundation even more awesome. They are people who have contributed to Foundation for some time and now get to be on the core team! We’re always looking for more, so start talking in the forum, chiming in on GitHub issues, and submitting PRs. :)

• Testing has been a huge focus of this release and will be into the future. We are committed to make sure that each patch improves upon the last and reduce regression. Lot's of visual test have been added as well as JS unit tests. Special shout out to Colin Marshall for setting up the JS tests! This will continue to be focus in perpetuity.

• The bug fixes are happening faster than ever: Our amazing community has stepped up in a big way to improve on the changes that 6.2 brought as well as fix some of the unforeseen issues that come with it. On top of that, Abide, dropdown-menu's, drilldowns, sliders, and various other components have had issues fixed!

You’ll find the changelog here:

https://github.com/zurb/foundation-sites/releases/

We're loving your contributions and want you more involved in where Foundation's going, so we're moving the the roadmap process into the open. To help us set up those discussions, we'd love to hear from you about what challenges you face in your work and how Foundation can help bridge that gap. Let us know in the comments below, and as always, share any work you’re proud of!

release6.2.1OrbitmenunavigationsitesF6foundation 6Updatepatch

Hey Everyone!

We’re absolutely thrilled to let you know that Foundation 6.2.1 just went out! Here’s a few of the exciting developments surrounding this release!

• We launched a new Yetinauts team into space: Yetinauts are core contributors that work with ZURBians to make Foundation even more awesome. They are people who have contributed to Foundation for some time and now get to be on the core team! We’re always looking for more, so start talking in the forum, chiming in on GitHub issues, and submitting PRs. :)

• Testing has been a huge focus of this release and will be into the future. We are committed to make sure that each patch improves upon the last and reduce regression. Lot's of visual test have been added as well as JS unit tests. Special shout out to Colin Marshall for setting up the JS tests! This will continue to be focus in perpetuity.

• The bug fixes are happening faster than ever: Our amazing community has stepped up in a big way to improve on the changes that 6.2 brought as well as fix some of the unforeseen issues that come with it. On top of that, Abide, dropdown-menu's, drilldowns, sliders, and various other components have had issues fixed!

You’ll find the changelog here:

https://github.com/zurb/foundation-sites/releases/

We're loving your contributions and want you more involved in where Foundation's going, so we're moving the the roadmap process into the open. To help us set up those discussions, we'd love to hear from you about what challenges you face in your work and how Foundation can help bridge that gap. Let us know in the comments below, and as always, share any work you’re proud of!

Dennis about 3 years ago

Don't get me wrong, I am very pleased to see a new release. But however, some really important fixes are not fixed in this release while the PR's are send. Member owlBertz created many nice PR's that fixes slider touch support for example. The closable callout in reveal issue is still there while a PR was submitted. Also the forceTop option is not working for the Off canvas and I found a new issue for the disabled buttons on hover. (Will address this at GitHub).

Rafi Benkual about 3 years ago

Thanks for chiming in Dennis! This brings up a good point. The forum is a great place to have discussions around what challenges you have. There are a lot of Pull Requests open, many with great solutions. There are also some that are in progress and still need work.

The closable callout Pull Request has an ongoing work on it because it's a bit more tricky to impliment. Kball has an open discussion on it with owlBertz.

The touch slider support PR looks great on the surface but needs more testing to go out with 6.2.2. If that is something you can help test and report working on GitHub, we can merge it more confidently.

Pointing out the issues that are most important to you here is helpful. Help testing PR's, commenting on methods, and voting up issues is also great because it helps us all move in the same direction.

Adam about 3 years ago

Thanks for the great work from the zurb team and contributors.

What's the process for bringing these updates across into the foundation-rails version?

and how long does this normally take?

I'm waiting for these fixes so I can enable flexbox mode which you can't do when using the foundation-rails gem.

Dennis about 3 years ago

Thanks Rafi. I don't have any experience in using GitHub, only created a account there to post issues.

The next milestone/update is at the end of this month so then I am able to test it, once again thanks!

Guy Van Bael about 3 years ago

Is there a command to update? I'm using 6.2.0 on 2 projects (not finished yet) already

thx

guy

Val Ery about 3 years ago

Guy Van Bael

In project folder enter the command (in terminal) - foundation update

It worked for me.

Thanks Val!

`foundation update` works and so does `bower update`

In you bower.json file there is a place you cn target a specific release. By default it will update to the lates. Here is where you can change it:

bower.json

@adam The rails gem has been bumped to the 6.2.1.0 !