Menu icon Foundation
Custom downloads. Official position

Hi. I was wondering about the Custom Downloads of Foundation 6

There are disabled for a long time from now and I couldn't find any official position from Zurb about this.

I understand that could be that the last important changes made on the Foundation for sites core makes Custom Downloads very difficult to fix or tu upgrade but I would like to know if...

• People from Zurb are trying to fix it
  • Are there alternatives to download/work with custom versions of Zurb?.

In my case, for customizing colors, widths, ... I'm ok to upgrade myself to use SASS instead of just plain CSS. But I'm more worried about the Javascript modules. Usually I only work for only a few libraries (modal, off-canvas, ..) because I don't want to use the whole framework due to load times.

Thanks very much

(P. S: Sorry for my english)

javascriptcustomdownloadbuild

Hi. I was wondering about the Custom Downloads of Foundation 6

There are disabled for a long time from now and I couldn't find any official position from Zurb about this.

I understand that could be that the last important changes made on the Foundation for sites core makes Custom Downloads very difficult to fix or tu upgrade but I would like to know if...

• People from Zurb are trying to fix it
  • Are there alternatives to download/work with custom versions of Zurb?.

In my case, for customizing colors, widths, ... I'm ok to upgrade myself to use SASS instead of just plain CSS. But I'm more worried about the Javascript modules. Usually I only work for only a few libraries (modal, off-canvas, ..) because I don't want to use the whole framework due to load times.

Thanks very much

(P. S: Sorry for my english)

Rafi Benkual over 3 years ago

It's a valid question! The customizer was broken, and rather than fix something that was un reliable, we decided to re-build it in a better more stable way. This did take longer. We are excited that we have a new version in testing and will be out this week!

The Sass version is a great way to remove unused CSS. We understand the JS is more challenging. The customizer does that well. Also JSDeliver has a sort of JS customizer that would be useful ass well

https://www.jsdelivr.com/projects/foundation

José Antonio over 3 years ago

:) Thanks very much! Great news!