Menu icon Foundation
Trouble installing a new foundation project

Good afternoon.

I am a seasoned PHP developer really trying to wrap my head around how the sass/node/bower/etc/etc/etc all plays together.

First, let me start by saying: the ***only*** reason I am going down this rabbit hole is because I need a 100% page width layout for my already existing Foundation 6 project.  Project is done, client wants some visual tweaks - one of them being whole page width layout.

So I figured.. the documentation keeps blabbing about how EASY it is to customize this whole thing with a single line edit and a single command and... PRESTO!  Right?!  Erm... no.

So began the headache...

Step 1:  Install node (as root) (I think?)

apt-get install nodejs

-> This seems to have gone well.

Step 2: Install foundation (as root) with npm?

npm install --global foundation-cli

Here is the result:

------------------------------------------

npm WARN engine foundation-cli@2.1.0: wanted: {"node":">=0.10.33"} (current: {"node":"0.10.25","npm":"1.4.21"})

npm WARN deprecated graceful-fs@3.0.8: graceful-fs version 3 and before will fail on newer node releases. Please update to graceful-fs@^4.0.0 as soon as possible.

npm WARN engine deep-extend@0.4.1: wanted: {"node":">=0.12.0","iojs":">=1.0.0"} (current: {"node":"0.10.25","npm":"1.4.21"})

/usr/local/bin/foundation -> /usr/local/lib/node_modules/foundation-cli/bin/foundation.js

foundation-cli@2.1.0 /usr/local/lib/node_modules/foundation-cli

├── is-root@1.0.0

├── colors@1.1.2

├── async@0.9.2

├── nopt@3.0.6 (abbrev@1.0.7)

├── string-length@1.0.1 (strip-ansi@3.0.1)

├── semver@4.3.6

├── which@1.2.4 (isexe@1.1.2, is-absolute@0.1.7)

├── multiline@1.0.2 (strip-indent@1.0.1)

├── paint-by-number@1.0.0 (chalk@1.1.1)

├── rimraf@2.5.2 (glob@7.0.3)

├── update-notifier@0.2.2 (is-npm@1.0.0, chalk@0.5.1, semver-diff@2.1.0, latest-version@1.0.1, configstore@0.3.2)

├── inquirer@0.8.5 (ansi-regex@1.1.1, figures@1.5.0, through@2.3.8, readline2@0.1.1, cli-width@1.1.1, chalk@1.1.1, lodash@3.10.1, rx@2.5.3)

├── npm@2.15.2

└── bower@1.7.7

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Let me take a moment to point out: whoever wrote npm really needs a lesson is good application design.  This output is garbage and hardly readable.  I gather from the output that it is wanting node version 0.10.33 or greater and I have 0.10.25.  But I am not sure if the install actually failed, or the npm command is just complaining and installed foundation-cli anyway.

And if it DID install, is "foundation-cli" now a node.js command/executable?  I am asuming at this point I can run "foundation new" to create my project and - underneath the hood - the node.js executable is going to provide me everything I need to start a foundation project - correct?  Or am I supposed to git clone a repo first?  The docs get real fuzzy here.

So anyway, lets assume I can move to the next step, install a new foundation project (as normal user):

foundation new

-> I answer "A Web App" at the prompt <enter>

-> I enter the project name (foo) <enter>

Here is the result:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There were some problems during the installation.

✓ New project folder created.

✗ Node modules not installed. Try running npm install manually.

✓ Bower components installed.

Once you've resolved the above issues, run foundation watch while inside the itl folder.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now I have googled around for a solution, but am really stuck here.  I have spent the past decade primarily doing back-end and back-end-front-end development and have largely been out of any real CSS/HTML layout.  So I kinda feel like Justin Bieber got ahold of modern web development aproaches and added WAY too much complexity to something that really should be simple.

I always thought sass was just a simple command interpreter you ran on a directory of .sass files and got a simple .css spit out?  Perhaps there is a more sane way to go about doing this?  Or perhaps there is simply a version of foundation that is full page width?  Would it be more practical to git-clone the foundation project and run the command?  Or will I run into issues here?

Once the "foundation new" command runs, there is some stuff hanging around in the directory, but.. 

My OS is Ubuntu 15.10.  Everything is up-to-date.

Somebody throw a perl/php dinasaur a bone here.  Please!

installnpm

Good afternoon.

I am a seasoned PHP developer really trying to wrap my head around how the sass/node/bower/etc/etc/etc all plays together.

First, let me start by saying: the ***only*** reason I am going down this rabbit hole is because I need a 100% page width layout for my already existing Foundation 6 project.  Project is done, client wants some visual tweaks - one of them being whole page width layout.

So I figured.. the documentation keeps blabbing about how EASY it is to customize this whole thing with a single line edit and a single command and... PRESTO!  Right?!  Erm... no.

So began the headache...

Step 1:  Install node (as root) (I think?)

apt-get install nodejs

-> This seems to have gone well.

Step 2: Install foundation (as root) with npm?

npm install --global foundation-cli

Here is the result:

------------------------------------------

npm WARN engine foundation-cli@2.1.0: wanted: {"node":">=0.10.33"} (current: {"node":"0.10.25","npm":"1.4.21"})

npm WARN deprecated graceful-fs@3.0.8: graceful-fs version 3 and before will fail on newer node releases. Please update to graceful-fs@^4.0.0 as soon as possible.

npm WARN engine deep-extend@0.4.1: wanted: {"node":">=0.12.0","iojs":">=1.0.0"} (current: {"node":"0.10.25","npm":"1.4.21"})

/usr/local/bin/foundation -> /usr/local/lib/node_modules/foundation-cli/bin/foundation.js

foundation-cli@2.1.0 /usr/local/lib/node_modules/foundation-cli

├── is-root@1.0.0

├── colors@1.1.2

├── async@0.9.2

├── nopt@3.0.6 (abbrev@1.0.7)

├── string-length@1.0.1 (strip-ansi@3.0.1)

├── semver@4.3.6

├── which@1.2.4 (isexe@1.1.2, is-absolute@0.1.7)

├── multiline@1.0.2 (strip-indent@1.0.1)

├── paint-by-number@1.0.0 (chalk@1.1.1)

├── rimraf@2.5.2 (glob@7.0.3)

├── update-notifier@0.2.2 (is-npm@1.0.0, chalk@0.5.1, semver-diff@2.1.0, latest-version@1.0.1, configstore@0.3.2)

├── inquirer@0.8.5 (ansi-regex@1.1.1, figures@1.5.0, through@2.3.8, readline2@0.1.1, cli-width@1.1.1, chalk@1.1.1, lodash@3.10.1, rx@2.5.3)

├── npm@2.15.2

└── bower@1.7.7

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Let me take a moment to point out: whoever wrote npm really needs a lesson is good application design.  This output is garbage and hardly readable.  I gather from the output that it is wanting node version 0.10.33 or greater and I have 0.10.25.  But I am not sure if the install actually failed, or the npm command is just complaining and installed foundation-cli anyway.

And if it DID install, is "foundation-cli" now a node.js command/executable?  I am asuming at this point I can run "foundation new" to create my project and - underneath the hood - the node.js executable is going to provide me everything I need to start a foundation project - correct?  Or am I supposed to git clone a repo first?  The docs get real fuzzy here.

So anyway, lets assume I can move to the next step, install a new foundation project (as normal user):

foundation new

-> I answer "A Web App" at the prompt <enter>

-> I enter the project name (foo) <enter>

Here is the result:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There were some problems during the installation.

✓ New project folder created.

✗ Node modules not installed. Try running npm install manually.

✓ Bower components installed.

Once you've resolved the above issues, run foundation watch while inside the itl folder.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now I have googled around for a solution, but am really stuck here.  I have spent the past decade primarily doing back-end and back-end-front-end development and have largely been out of any real CSS/HTML layout.  So I kinda feel like Justin Bieber got ahold of modern web development aproaches and added WAY too much complexity to something that really should be simple.

I always thought sass was just a simple command interpreter you ran on a directory of .sass files and got a simple .css spit out?  Perhaps there is a more sane way to go about doing this?  Or perhaps there is simply a version of foundation that is full page width?  Would it be more practical to git-clone the foundation project and run the command?  Or will I run into issues here?

Once the "foundation new" command runs, there is some stuff hanging around in the directory, but.. 

My OS is Ubuntu 15.10.  Everything is up-to-date.

Somebody throw a perl/php dinasaur a bone here.  Please!

rhyvav 7 months ago
vondes vondes 6 months ago

Can we fix it with track phone on Android? 

showbox 4 months ago

Showbox is completely free to use and there is no in-app purchases as well.  Get showbox for mobile to stream latest movies, shows and series on your smartphone.

juniper credit card login 4 months ago

Juniper Bank gives Juniper Credit Card administrations to a portion of the best associations in the United States.

juniper credit card login

siddiquijavedahmad 4 months ago

It’s really great info. I’ve never think Gmail can do a best stuff like this. I’ll link from Gmail account to all my social media sites. Thanks for sharing! movierulz

imarkroger 3 months ago

Can Watch TV Shows on Smartphones?  ShowBox App is free online streaming app for watch latest Movies and Tv Shows. Home of popular guide like Showbox Apk, Showbox for PC, ShowBox for Iphone...

Garry Nox 3 months ago

Get ready to play your favorite android games on your Windows PC and Mac on one of the most robust android emulators. Nox is a perfect Android emulator to play android games on your PC. You can easily download NOX for your windows and MAC device from given link in below.

Meesum Zaidi 3 months ago

Find easy to follow guides for every email service, social networking website, services websites, official sites and much more. Hotmail.com & Helpwithlogin are providing all the guides you could ever find on the internet.

Michael Brown 3 months ago

Trouble is not always a bad think, try tank trouble pro and you will understand what I mean.

Wilson Davis 3 months ago

its really informational good guides and tips 
if you want to same website you can also check out :

GBWhatsapp themes latest

John cena about 1 month ago

You can check best basketball shoes on this site

chimrighere about 1 month ago

Hi thanks man for this help keep sharing always.. idm serial key

shirlyetemple about 1 month ago

Its awsome my friend. you are just unstopable. keep it up AVS Video Editor Crack

terrarium tvappz about 1 month ago

I fixed 2/3rd of the commands so that most of them should work now. The problem is on the Node side (or perhaps Windows side?) where onlyexec runs executables, not scripts or whatever else. For some reason, npm works with, andnpm.cmd bower works with.bower.cmd However, I couldn't get bundleto work at all. I'm not a 100% sure why. I think you can visit here athttp //192.168.1.1 this will help you a lot.

freshi 30 days ago

hi there i am here craackfinal

john cena 27 days ago

Thank your for this very nice information. Happy Diwali 2018

aekapong1 26 days ago

ขอบคุณน่ะคับที่ไห้ความรู้ขอบคุณจิง ufabet

aekapong1 26 days ago

ขอบคุณน่ะคับที่ไห้ความรู้ขอบคุณจิง ufabet

hendryjullius 5 days ago

This website is very informative to us trouble installing a new foundation project. I am assuming at this point I can run foundation new to create my project and underneath the hood, the node.js executable is going to provide me with everything I need to start a foundation project correct. fargo hdp500