Menu icon Foundation
Going Live - Best Practices

I'm new to using the command line and Foundation "SASS" style, but after understanding all of the benefits of doing so I probably won't ever go back to the manual download.  The question that I have is about all of the additional folders/files that are created with the project.  

When I set up my new project locally (using MAMP PRO), I move into the html/webroot/public_html folder, then install the new Foundation project.  So far, I've just been using the Basic Template.  So all of the files are being planted here.  

My question is - do all of the files get uploaded with the website, or do you selectively upload stuff (which seems haphazard)?

What I'm referring to specifically are:

• \bower_components
  • \etc
  • \node_modules
  • misc. json files and gulpfile.js

Obviously I know that the CSS folder needs to get uploaded, as well as the JS folder.  However, I would need to copy over the supporting JS files as well.

Just wondering what the best practices are.

Thanks!

publishing

I'm new to using the command line and Foundation "SASS" style, but after understanding all of the benefits of doing so I probably won't ever go back to the manual download.  The question that I have is about all of the additional folders/files that are created with the project.  

When I set up my new project locally (using MAMP PRO), I move into the html/webroot/public_html folder, then install the new Foundation project.  So far, I've just been using the Basic Template.  So all of the files are being planted here.  

My question is - do all of the files get uploaded with the website, or do you selectively upload stuff (which seems haphazard)?

What I'm referring to specifically are:

• \bower_components
  • \etc
  • \node_modules
  • misc. json files and gulpfile.js

Obviously I know that the CSS folder needs to get uploaded, as well as the JS folder.  However, I would need to copy over the supporting JS files as well.

Just wondering what the best practices are.

Thanks!

Rafi Benkual over 3 years ago

Your files that you upload are compiled and copied into the `dist` folder. You'll have all your pages flattened (Handlebars added) and all your compiled CSS, minified images in the `assests` folder.

Todd Richards over 3 years ago

That would be great. How does this happen?  I looked back through the documentation and don't see it talk about this.  Did I miss something?  Thanks again for your help!

Todd Richards over 3 years ago

So I was looking at this a bit more, and found that there is a "foundation build" command.  However, when I run this, no dist folder is created anywhere.  

Again, I'm using the Standard template so maybe that's the case.  Should I be using the Zurb template instead?  Advantages?