Menu icon Foundation
Foundation For Apps, integration with Java Spring / Maven

Hello all, 

Can you please instruct me on how to integrate the 'Foundation For App' with Java Spring and Maven?  

An example would be much apprecitate. 

I tried the following post (which is related to Foundation for Sites but no luck!) 

http://foundation.zurb.com/forum/posts/5375-zurb-foundation-5-with-a-java--j2ee-project-spring-mvc-using-maven-and-eclipse

Thank you,

foundation for appsJavaspringmvcmaven

Hello all, 

Can you please instruct me on how to integrate the 'Foundation For App' with Java Spring and Maven?  

An example would be much apprecitate. 

I tried the following post (which is related to Foundation for Sites but no luck!) 

http://foundation.zurb.com/forum/posts/5375-zurb-foundation-5-with-a-java--j2ee-project-spring-mvc-using-maven-and-eclipse

Thank you,

Kay McCormick over 3 years ago

I struggled with integrating Foundation 4 or 5 (I can't remember, probably 5) into a maven build. It's relatively easy, I imagine, to do through "calling out" to an external script as the author of that post does. Myself, I found an "sass" plugin for maven, but I could not get it to function properly. I also tried to use JRuby but I also failed to get that to work. Now, foundation 6 does not use ruby in the same way that foundation 5 does, but I could be very wrong about this. It seems to rather use "npm" for things. I haven't explored it "under the hood" at all.

I am not sure how to help you, precisely. What I can say is that there a couple of areas where Foundation could be integrated with Java, Spring and Maven. One area is the build process - calling out to foundation/sass compiler to build your site, and configuring the war plugin to include it in your WAR. Spring is not involved in this step. Spring is used for dependency injection (and other concerns) on the server side, and would be used perhaps for doing routing for REST web services using Spring MVC.

It would help if you could provide detailed information on the steps you took and what happened when you took them - otherwise there is no way for anyone to help you. Like I said, Foundation 6 does not use compass in the same manner as Foundation 5 - so the instructions to execute "compass compile" will not apply.

I hope this can be of some assistance.

Kamran T over 3 years ago

Hi Kay,

Thanks for your response. I am trying to get Foundation FOR APPS to work in this case. 

I was hoping for a sample project or something similar to get me started. 

I will try again and will keep this post updated.

Cheers,