Menu icon Foundation
Should I expect Markdown to work?

Hello, first-time Foundation user, first-time node user, wish me luck! :)

Setting up Foundation with the Zurb template was a breeze. The Panini docs (http://foundation.zurb.com/sites/docs/panini.html) seem to indicate that a Markdown helper is built-in. 

However, when I run "foundation new" a src/helpers folder is not created. When I try to replace the index.html page with a simple markdown block I get a Panini parse error:

Panini: template could not be parsed 
Error: Parse error on line 7:
    ...nd some text...{{/#markdown}}
    ---------------------^
    Expecting 'ID', 'STRING', 'NUMBER', 'BOOLEAN', 'UNDEFINED', 'NULL', 'DATA', got 'INVALID'

For completeness, here is my index.html:

{{#markdown}}

# An H1

And some text...

{{/#markdown}}

So I'm guesing I missed something. Any ideas? TIA. 

markdownZURB Templatefoundation 6

Hello, first-time Foundation user, first-time node user, wish me luck! :)

Setting up Foundation with the Zurb template was a breeze. The Panini docs (http://foundation.zurb.com/sites/docs/panini.html) seem to indicate that a Markdown helper is built-in. 

However, when I run "foundation new" a src/helpers folder is not created. When I try to replace the index.html page with a simple markdown block I get a Panini parse error:

Panini: template could not be parsed 
Error: Parse error on line 7:
    ...nd some text...{{/#markdown}}
    ---------------------^
    Expecting 'ID', 'STRING', 'NUMBER', 'BOOLEAN', 'UNDEFINED', 'NULL', 'DATA', got 'INVALID'

For completeness, here is my index.html:

{{#markdown}}

# An H1

And some text...

{{/#markdown}}

So I'm guesing I missed something. Any ideas? TIA. 

Michael Yacavone over 3 years ago

However, it turns out I can make changes to the Markdown in src/styleguide/index.md and that is correctly rendered. So confusion persists on the src/helpers front... 

Nathan about 3 years ago

Try removing the # in the closing tag. Like:

{{#markdown}}

# An H1

And some text...

{{/markdown}}