Menu icon Foundation
foundation watch

I'm using the foundation watch command to compile my scss files. Does this only work for app.scss? I've got other scss files in the folder and they are not being compiled like the way compass used to. Then I tried to compile using compass but that didn't work either. I assume it's because Foundation 6 is set up differently without a config.rb file. 

I'm trying to upgrade my site from 5 to 6 but I need to work out the bugs first. I've got alot of scss files and they all need to be compiled and placed in the css folder, also keeping the same file structure as they are in the main scss folder. 

compilerscssfoundation watchcompass

I'm using the foundation watch command to compile my scss files. Does this only work for app.scss? I've got other scss files in the folder and they are not being compiled like the way compass used to. Then I tried to compile using compass but that didn't work either. I assume it's because Foundation 6 is set up differently without a config.rb file. 

I'm trying to upgrade my site from 5 to 6 but I need to work out the bugs first. I've got alot of scss files and they all need to be compiled and placed in the css folder, also keeping the same file structure as they are in the main scss folder. 

Clay Hymas over 3 years ago

@James I do not want to include all scss files in app.scss. I was able to create a seperate scss file with Foundation 5 and it would complie just fine without including it in app.scss. 

James Van Waza over 3 years ago

Hi @Clay, also post your `style.scss` where you have posted the include foundation. 

@james, My Foundation 5 setup is working correctly. My Foundation 6 setup is where I'm having the issue. I can post a pic of my gulpfile if that helps. 

gulp file

James Van Waza over 3 years ago

Hi @Clay, please post, a screenshot of your config.rb file as well as your gruntfile code.  

Rafi the example image is broken. Can you try it again please? 

Rafi Benkual over 3 years ago

By default, everything in the SCSS folder get's compiled. So if you create a partial in your components folder, be compiled. Now you'll need to make sure your import is created in the app.scss file.

Example:

Lesson on this: https://zurb.com/expo/lessons/avoid-a-cluttered-mess-sensible-sass-file-structure