Menu icon Foundation
Sticky Topbar not sticking every time

Hi,

I'm currently upgrading a Rails 4 app from Foundation 5 to Foundation 6 and have run into a problem with the Topbar.

I've been using the Topbar on some Nodejs projects without any problems, and using the same markup in Rails is causing a strange error.

When the page loads, or is refreshed, the topbar remains sticky and the content scrolls underneath.

When the page links are clicked, the page loads, but the Topbar is no longer sticky.

I followed the docs here.

In case I have some other css, or js that's effecting the sticky plugin, I've started a bare bones Rails app and the results remain the same. 

I've posted the bare bones app here which demonstrates the above behaviour.

If someone could help or have a look I'd be very grateful.

If I can fix this with somebodys help, I'd be happy to leave it up for others to reference.

Thanks

Paul

Rails sticky topbar

Hi,

I'm currently upgrading a Rails 4 app from Foundation 5 to Foundation 6 and have run into a problem with the Topbar.

I've been using the Topbar on some Nodejs projects without any problems, and using the same markup in Rails is causing a strange error.

When the page loads, or is refreshed, the topbar remains sticky and the content scrolls underneath.

When the page links are clicked, the page loads, but the Topbar is no longer sticky.

I followed the docs here.

In case I have some other css, or js that's effecting the sticky plugin, I've started a bare bones Rails app and the results remain the same. 

I've posted the bare bones app here which demonstrates the above behaviour.

If someone could help or have a look I'd be very grateful.

If I can fix this with somebodys help, I'd be happy to leave it up for others to reference.

Thanks

Paul

This post has been closed. No new replies can be added.

Paul Hollyer over 3 years ago

This problem was resolved by removing turbolinks, so the bare bones app linked to above is now a working example for anyone else to reference.

Paul