Menu icon Foundation
New to Foundation can't get the top bar working

Tt

Hi I need help with getting this styling of the top nav bar. I'm new to Foundation having used Bootstrap for a couple of years. I have installed Foundation through the command line and using scss. I wanted to check out the styling of the top nav bar and see how it works responsively. The problem I have is when I add the example html as provided by Zurb (pictured) it doesn't look anything like the it. My version is pictured below. I have to be doing something fundamentally wrong as I can't find any body else having the same problem. My example is at www.chriscannon.co.uk/tt/index.html. What am I doing wrong?? Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Ff

top nav bar not working

Tt

Hi I need help with getting this styling of the top nav bar. I'm new to Foundation having used Bootstrap for a couple of years. I have installed Foundation through the command line and using scss. I wanted to check out the styling of the top nav bar and see how it works responsively. The problem I have is when I add the example html as provided by Zurb (pictured) it doesn't look anything like the it. My version is pictured below. I have to be doing something fundamentally wrong as I can't find any body else having the same problem. My example is at www.chriscannon.co.uk/tt/index.html. What am I doing wrong?? Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Ff
Vladimir over 3 years ago

@Chris Cannon simple error easily spotted with inspector or Firebug
when you try to open foundation.js file something like this pop out

<title>Hull Web designer Chris Cannon | Not Found</title>

so yor project is missing .js file and without it many things are missing including menus...

Chris Cannon over 3 years ago

Thanks for your reply Vladimir. That error was because there is a Wordpress install on that domain and the .htaccess file was getting in the way, so it wasn't because of a missing .js file, however your reply prompted me to check over all .js and .css files and I managed to solve it. When I swapped out Foundation 6 files for Foundation 5 files everything worked. It seems F6 doesn't support the top bar anymore.

Vladimir over 3 years ago

@Chris Cannon not true, there is a way to get it working on F6. Just search through forum, I am certain it is still here.