Menu icon Foundation
Simple Foundation 6 Sass Download

Is there just a download of Foundation 6.* Sass like there was for Foundation 5? I really do not see the point in all of the extra cli tools and node(?!?!). I like the Sass version for the simplicity of updating styles. I just want to be able to drop in the framework for my Java and PHP projects like I have done in the past and have Koala do the compiling for Sass (super simple minimal points of failure).

I understand I can use the CSS version but I like sass for the style update.

Sassdownloads

Is there just a download of Foundation 6.* Sass like there was for Foundation 5? I really do not see the point in all of the extra cli tools and node(?!?!). I like the Sass version for the simplicity of updating styles. I just want to be able to drop in the framework for my Java and PHP projects like I have done in the past and have Koala do the compiling for Sass (super simple minimal points of failure).

I understand I can use the CSS version but I like sass for the style update.

Vladimir over 3 years ago

As I can see answer is no. On download page, under custom downloads says "Custom downloads are not working at this time" and SASS download redirects you to package download section of install procedure.
So you can only use those 4 listed (composer or npm which are 2 I prefer)

Steven Muncy over 3 years ago

I agree. If you are a full-time developer, I can see all of the extra tools may be a help. But for someone who has a site or two and just wants to keep current with bug fixes and improvements, it is overwhelming.

Coury R Richards over 3 years ago

I think the tools are more helpful for front-end developers specifically. Where I have it implemented (besides my own sites) are two enterprise software solutions with full-stack developers (12+). We use Koala because it is simple. There are no dependencies to break anyone's workflow.

Just needed to have config.rb and point to that directory really. Now I would need to have an instance of node and npm and bower running either locally (eh) or in one of the dev VMs just to "compile" the sass to css. I just see headaches in my future... I can workout a workflow but I was hoping not to have to.