Menu icon Foundation
How do I professionally deploy to gh-pages branch using Foundation?

Background:
I want to host the landing page on GitHub pages. I am a designer that is learning HTML & CSS.
I use git and the "GitHub for mac” app to version control my project.
I ran “npm run build” and got a /dist folder containing the files. but that file is included in .gitignore

Question:
How should I work with Git and deploying to GitHub pages in a professional way?
I mean I could just upload the content of the /dist folder to a new git repo.
But I wonder if there is a better way so that the /dist content could be committed and pushed using a gh-pages branch from the same repo.

Could I get any advice or instructions on how to do it?

Thanks,
Roger

deploygithubpages

Background:
I want to host the landing page on GitHub pages. I am a designer that is learning HTML & CSS.
I use git and the "GitHub for mac” app to version control my project.
I ran “npm run build” and got a /dist folder containing the files. but that file is included in .gitignore

Question:
How should I work with Git and deploying to GitHub pages in a professional way?
I mean I could just upload the content of the /dist folder to a new git repo.
But I wonder if there is a better way so that the /dist content could be committed and pushed using a gh-pages branch from the same repo.

Could I get any advice or instructions on how to do it?

Thanks,
Roger

Vladimir over 3 years ago

I am using git almost every day for my projects and some of them do include foundation but I honestly don't understand what are you trying to accomplish? You are talking about branching and deploying to GH in professional way but you didn't posted link to GH project so we can all see what are you doing there that you think is not professional.
I am using BitBucket for VCSing Laravel or/and Foundation but I need to see living example so I could help you more.

Kiley Ohl almost 3 years ago

Just quick thought for Vladdy, here... Trying to disguise pridefulness as a lack of 'understanding' when replying to 'noobs' is not at all helpful. Clearly Roger (like myself, frankly) is missing some background foundations on how git works. So maybe next time you feel the urge to pound your chest about your great Git experience, you could instead pay it forward with some actual helpful insight and knowledge, else don't even bother. Lest you forget what it was like being a noob, and how daunting it was to try to get your head around all of this information while incorporating best practices. Being critical of people reaching out for your expertise is only discouraging, so Teach or STFU. 

Vladimir almost 3 years ago

@Kiley

This is not complete conversation, some parts are missing. Maybe deleted or something else but this is not complete.

And I don't use Foundation anymore but wanted to be polite and answer your critics.