Menu icon Foundation
Integrate Foundation for Apps into existing angular application

How can I integrate Foundation for Apps into an existing angular site?

By existing, I mean, an angular project built up using Yeoman's angular generator.

Is this possible? Initially, I just want to use the Foundation for Apps Grid system, and then slowly maybe incorporate some of the animation stuff.

But I like the testing structure yeoman provides, so want to keep that yeoman install and not start again.

Please note, development has not yet started, but we want to base it off the yeoman angular install.

Please advise, as I would hate to have to need to look at going with a barebones grid system from somewhere else. I like the look of Foundation for Apps, but if I cant figure this out today, the project will force me to look at alternatives.

foundation-for-appsexistingimport

How can I integrate Foundation for Apps into an existing angular site?

By existing, I mean, an angular project built up using Yeoman's angular generator.

Is this possible? Initially, I just want to use the Foundation for Apps Grid system, and then slowly maybe incorporate some of the animation stuff.

But I like the testing structure yeoman provides, so want to keep that yeoman install and not start again.

Please note, development has not yet started, but we want to base it off the yeoman angular install.

Please advise, as I would hate to have to need to look at going with a barebones grid system from somewhere else. I like the look of Foundation for Apps, but if I cant figure this out today, the project will force me to look at alternatives.

This post has been closed. No new replies can be added.

Russell over 3 years ago

Have received no reply, but the answer is yes, it is possible. You just bring in Foundation for Apps via bower, then copy and paste the _settings.scss file from bower_components/foundation/scss/ into your application, and then include it into your existing SCSS files. We included it before including the main foundation SCSS (which you leave in bower_components, and just reference to in there).