Menu icon Foundation
Foundation for Apps _settings.scss

I will try to split my questions up to make it easier to answer, as my big question has had no replies.

How do you edit the _settings.scss file when it is under /bower_components/foundation-apps/scss.

Surely this folder gets overridden as soon as you update the bower components?

foundation-for-appssettings

I will try to split my questions up to make it easier to answer, as my big question has had no replies.

How do you edit the _settings.scss file when it is under /bower_components/foundation-apps/scss.

Surely this folder gets overridden as soon as you update the bower components?

Brian Tan over 3 years ago

Edit the project version in the following folder:

Basic Sites Template: project_root/scss
Zurb Sites Template: project_root/src/assets/scss

However, if the template itself get updated, you may want to merge new update from:

Basic Sites: https://github.com/zurb/foundation-sites-template
Zurb Sites: https://github.com/zurb/foundation-zurb-template

Russell over 3 years ago

Hi Brian,

Thanks for replying, but your reply seems to relate to the Foundation for Sites product. This is about the Foundation for Apps product.

The directories you mentioned dont exist. As explained (maybe not very clearly sorry) in my original post, the SCSS directory is under 'bower_components' as it's been installed using bower, which Foundation recommends from what I understand?

And the problem with it being under bower_components is that this directory will overwritten each time there is an update...

Oops, my bad. For apps, look under project_root/client/assets/scss

Russell over 3 years ago

This still did not help. Please read my post regarding the lack of a config file. I tried to explain again, and maybe I'm not explaining correctly, so excuse my frustration.

But to make it super clear, when doing a full search for 'scss' there is no such directory apart from in 'bower_components'

To be honest, im close to giving on this framework, it does not seem to be ready for mass use, the documentation seems to be lacking considerably. Foundation for Sites has great documentation, but 'for Apps' seems to be very behind.

If you install foundation-apps via foundation-cli, you would also get foundation-apps-template with a client/assets/scss folder.

You can download the apps template directly from github. https://github.com/zurb/foundation-apps-template

Russell over 3 years ago

Hi Brian,

We had to install it via bower, as we were integrating it into a yeoman scaffold structure.

But we have a solution.

But what we ended up doing was simply manually copying the _settings.scss from /bower_components/foundation-apps/scss into our /app/ folder.

Then in our main SCSS file, imported the settings SCSS file (now copies to /app/), and then imported the SCSS foundation file (still referencing it in /bower_components/foundation-apps/)

So hopefully, problem solved.

We are now considering premium support for foundation for apps, because these simple questions taking this long to resolve with all the miscommunication on forums is something we may not be able to do. Any ideas on the pricing, the website seems to say $99 per incident. That seems strange, they call that low cost in the same paragraph, but for $99 per question, thats crazy. Maybe it was a typo.