Menu icon Foundation
Where to copy codeigniter files

I'm just getting started with foundation for apps. I would like to use codeigniter for my mvc framework. It provides two directories: application and system. I'm not clear on how to combine the two frameworks - where do I copy the codeigniter files? How do you typically integrate backend and frontend frameworks? thanks.

backendcodeignitermvc

I'm just getting started with foundation for apps. I would like to use codeigniter for my mvc framework. It provides two directories: application and system. I'm not clear on how to combine the two frameworks - where do I copy the codeigniter files? How do you typically integrate backend and frontend frameworks? thanks.

Rafi Benkual over 3 years ago

I'm not really familiar with Codeigniter but I'll give it a shot:

You can copy the Foundation SCSS and bower_components directories into your source directory. Then adding add_import_path src/bower_components/foundation/scss to the gulpfile to allow importing of the Foundation SCSS.

Isn't Codeigniter a PHP framework? How do you envision it should work with Angular? Are you using for a database?

Robin Luther over 3 years ago

Ok, I'm starting to understand. I was thinking I needed to find an MVC to handle the backend, but the most logical choice seems to be AngularJS. That is what I will use. I have not used any of the frameworks, so I am not invested at all in CodeIgniter. Thanks for your input!

Jason Demitri over 3 years ago

Most people use slimPhp as a backed but you could use Larvael or symfony .

Use foundation and angular as the front end sending requests to ur restful php API

For more info Google angular and slim or angular and restful API's there is a good example of this here http://code.tutsplus.com/tutorials/creating-an-api-centric-web-application--net-23417

Bare in mind this is how twitters site is actually designed :) hope it helps

Robin Luther over 3 years ago

Ok, thanks for the info!