Menu icon Foundation
Sass vs Css

Hi everyone, although I downloaded the sass version of foundation 6 and managed to create my pages, I have very limited knowledge in sass and all the related node, bower, jason, jimmy... and all this stuff. I'm able to compile the scss, and to add the customized css, but I'm a bit confused... is there any advantage(s) in using the sass package over the css alternative if I'm not going to rewrite scss code? Are the final html pages lighter or more efficient if I use sass and not the huge css?

Sasscss

Hi everyone, although I downloaded the sass version of foundation 6 and managed to create my pages, I have very limited knowledge in sass and all the related node, bower, jason, jimmy... and all this stuff. I'm able to compile the scss, and to add the customized css, but I'm a bit confused... is there any advantage(s) in using the sass package over the css alternative if I'm not going to rewrite scss code? Are the final html pages lighter or more efficient if I use sass and not the huge css?

Aaron Neeley almost 4 years ago

You may still want to write your vanilla CSS in the app.scss file. That css file gets overwritten everytime the scss files are saved. So if you did make an edit at some point to them, than it would override your css file.

If you're not going to need the Sass stuff, you can always comment out the @imports and it will compile a much smaller css file.