Menu icon Foundation
Foundation 6 - edit _settings.scss

Hi.

i manually installed Foundation 6 like it is described. In the root-directory there is an folder "scss". Within this folder there is the _settings.scss (and the app.scss). How can i edit this file and prevent the overwrite if there is an update of foundation? Should i copy this file in another directory and then edit or what is the recommended way of doing this?

settingsedit

Hi.

i manually installed Foundation 6 like it is described. In the root-directory there is an folder "scss". Within this folder there is the _settings.scss (and the app.scss). How can i edit this file and prevent the overwrite if there is an update of foundation? Should i copy this file in another directory and then edit or what is the recommended way of doing this?

Rafi Benkual over 3 years ago

Hi Alex,
if you update Foundation, you can always grab the latest setting file here: https://github.com/zurb/foundation-sites/blob/develop/scss/settings/_settings.scss

It's also in bower_conponents -> foundation-sites -> SCSS

We're trying to not to add too many variables so you won't see changes often.

Brian Tan over 3 years ago

You could setup a _custom.scss file for customization, for example

$global-radius: 4px;

and add a line @import 'custom'; in app.scss

Then you don't have to worry about _settings.scss being updated.

Edit: please note that scss directory contents does not get updated with foundation sites update. You have to pull the update from github as suggested by Rafi .

Alex over 3 years ago

@Rafi Benkual you mean if i grab this updated _settings.scss then i have to place the changes in my existing _settings.scss?

@Brian Tan thank you, good idea :-)