Menu icon Foundation
Responsive HTML email signatures

Hello,

I'm working on some HTML e-mail signatures for my company. Using Foundation for this works fine on my Mac, but Windows Outlook seems a bit harder.

Does anyone know whether it is possible to send responsive HTML e-mail signatures with Outlook 2007/2010 and up?

If so, please give me some response.

e-mailResponsivehtmlOutlook

Hello,

I'm working on some HTML e-mail signatures for my company. Using Foundation for this works fine on my Mac, but Windows Outlook seems a bit harder.

Does anyone know whether it is possible to send responsive HTML e-mail signatures with Outlook 2007/2010 and up?

If so, please give me some response.

Ralph Mol over 3 years ago

Andy, thanks for your thoughts.

I'll just go ahead and try some things untill it works.

Andy Wallace over 3 years ago

I don't know about that - I imagine that you'd have to develop a "new email" template for Outlook which includes the Zurb Ink CSS, but this would probably screw up the content of the email unless you ensured that the CSS was signature specific (by prefixing a class, for example).

It's probably easier to make your signatures much simpler... I've yet to see anything beyond basic rich-text work in all browsers! Signatures have got way out of hand over the years, and mail clients just haven't kept up (Outlook especially).

Keep It Simple :)

Ralph Mol over 3 years ago

Hey Andy,

I use the new email library. The problem is that I don't know if it possible to send responsive signatures.

I've read Outlook strips out the mediaquery's.

Andy Wallace over 3 years ago

Hello Ralph,

What flavour of Foundation are you using? Are you aware that there is a Foundation library for email?

http://foundation.zurb.com/emails