Menu icon Foundation
line_comments with gulp-sass

With Foundation 6 using "foundation watch" to compile I'd like to include comments in CSS while developing to easily identify where CSS rule is coming from. With Compass in Foundation 5 I could do that by specifying line_comments as true in config.rb file.

I've been able to change CSS output style to expanded by modifying gulpfile.js, but when I try to add comments by specifying sourceComments as true, all comments list source as "stdin". Does anyone know how to get same type of comment output in CSS that "line_comments = true" provides when compiling with Compass?

gulp-sassfoundation 6

With Foundation 6 using "foundation watch" to compile I'd like to include comments in CSS while developing to easily identify where CSS rule is coming from. With Compass in Foundation 5 I could do that by specifying line_comments as true in config.rb file.

I've been able to change CSS output style to expanded by modifying gulpfile.js, but when I try to add comments by specifying sourceComments as true, all comments list source as "stdin". Does anyone know how to get same type of comment output in CSS that "line_comments = true" provides when compiling with Compass?

Rafi Benkual almost 4 years ago

I'm seeing this is a feature of NodeSass https://github.com/sass/node-sass#sourcecomments

Are you trying to see what CSS file the comment came from?

Geoff Kimball almost 4 years ago

Which template are you using, the Basic Template or the ZURB Template? The ZURB Template has sourcemaps for Sass enabled. What this means is that you're browser's web inspector will point to the Sass files related to CSS, versions the line number of the compiled CSS. This makes it easy to see what Sass is printing what CSS, without having to dig through the line number comments in your CSS file.