Menu icon Foundation
Compass with Foundation 6

I'm updating a WordPress theme based on Foundation to use Foundation 6 installed with Node-powered Foundation CLI. The CSS compiles as expected using "foundation watch" command, but it would be better for other team members to be able to continue compiling with Compass as with Foundation 5.

I added a config.rb file since it isn't created with install and compiled using Compass 1.03 (SASS 3.4.16), but CSS has rule duplications that were temporarily a problem with Foundation 5. Any way to get correct CSS with Foundation 6 using Compass?

compassfoundation 6

I'm updating a WordPress theme based on Foundation to use Foundation 6 installed with Node-powered Foundation CLI. The CSS compiles as expected using "foundation watch" command, but it would be better for other team members to be able to continue compiling with Compass as with Foundation 5.

I added a config.rb file since it isn't created with install and compiled using Compass 1.03 (SASS 3.4.16), but CSS has rule duplications that were temporarily a problem with Foundation 5. Any way to get correct CSS with Foundation 6 using Compass?

Rafi Benkual almost 4 years ago

Do your team members have roadblock using Libsass? Maybe Yeti launch can solve it for them? Not sure what it would take to make it work with Compass.

Lowell Allen almost 4 years ago

After discussing with team I'm now looking for information on how to use gulp-sass for our needs. I have Foundation 6 basic template install in a WordPress parent theme and want all SASS modifications and CSS generation in child theme. I'm experimenting with modifying gulpfile.js to make that happen. Also want to be able to trigger source mapping while in dev.

[email protected] almost 4 years ago

Trying to use Compass with F6 here as well. Is it just a matter of compass init in the project folder? I'm using the Zurb/Panini stack/project er whatevers.

Rafi Benkual almost 4 years ago

@Brian Larson Are you trying to just use the Compass mixins or also compile with it? I think I responded to you post here http://foundation.zurb.com/forum/posts/37568-sass-frameworks-with-foundation-6-zurb-template-starter-project

I think @Lowell Allen is asking a different question, no?

@lowel Maybe you can try JointsWP which already has this setup (Gulp, Sass, WP)
http://jointswp.com/