Menu icon Foundation
Run Yeti launch from dropbox at work and home?

Hi,

I have a noob question. I created a Foundation 6 for Sites project with Yeti Launch (at work) and placed the project folder in my dropbox. Super simple, works great!

Now I want to continue working on my project from home. So I downloaded and installed Yeti Launch on my home computer and selected my dropbox folder as project folder. But Yeti doesn't recognize that there is an existing project in that folder, so I can't run the project.

What should I do?

BR /Hugo

yeti launchDropboxmultiple computers

Hi,

I have a noob question. I created a Foundation 6 for Sites project with Yeti Launch (at work) and placed the project folder in my dropbox. Super simple, works great!

Now I want to continue working on my project from home. So I downloaded and installed Yeti Launch on my home computer and selected my dropbox folder as project folder. But Yeti doesn't recognize that there is an existing project in that folder, so I can't run the project.

What should I do?

BR /Hugo

Rafi Benkual almost 4 years ago

Hi Hugo,
I never tried to use Yeti launch with a folder in the cloud. Do you find yourself working from multiple computers often?

Since the app is installed on each machine individually, they are not able to talk to each other. There is no web server that can have the two communicate to each other. Yeti Launch is made to create the projects easily without other dependancies. Not sure that it can manage files that way you are trying to do it.

Hugo Börjesson almost 4 years ago

Yes, I quite often work from multiple computers, especially early in a project before we setup version control.

I guess it's just because I've used Compass.app previously, and I expected Yeti Launch to work similarly. Compass.app "watches" a folder and recompiles the code if there are any changes.
And I thought I could have multiple instances of Yeti Launch (installed on different computers) watch the same project in a cloud-folder (dropbox).