Menu icon Foundation
Foundation 6: Comment out import foundation problem

I used Yeti to setup Foundation 6. app.scss is working with gulp to compile app.css. However, if I comment out @import 'foundation'; and try to use only a few of the other imports in app.css then they don't work. Gulp gets upset that it can't find foundation-global-styles. Comment that out and it can't find the next one and so on.

Has something changed since I used F4 a couple of years ago? I've been searching the docs and online and can't find a clue. Is the foundation import only the bare bones now and must be included to make the other imports work?

app.scssfoundation 6

I used Yeti to setup Foundation 6. app.scss is working with gulp to compile app.css. However, if I comment out @import 'foundation'; and try to use only a few of the other imports in app.css then they don't work. Gulp gets upset that it can't find foundation-global-styles. Comment that out and it can't find the next one and so on.

Has something changed since I used F4 a couple of years ago? I've been searching the docs and online and can't find a clue. Is the foundation import only the bare bones now and must be included to make the other imports work?

Rafi Benkual almost 2 years ago

Hi Jim,
Glad to hear you've been using Foundation since v4! A lot has changed since v4, we think for the better! What happens though is that sometimes when simplifying things, it introduces confusion.

The way it works now is that you simply uncomment anything you don't need and you leave foundation imported.

Example:

@charset 'utf-8';

@import 'settings';
@import 'foundation';
@import 'motion-ui';

@import 'vendor/owlcarousel';

@include foundation-global-styles;
@include foundation-grid;
// @include foundation-typography;
// @include foundation-button;
@include foundation-forms;
@include foundation-visibility-classes;
// @include foundation-float-classes;
@include foundation-accordion;

Let us know how that goes!

Jim Preston almost 2 years ago

So if I leave an @include commented then it is added to the css. Uncommenting removes it from Foundation? Seems backwards.

dfjdskgfs 3 months ago

thanks for sharing man such an nice article Appvn Download

ome 15 days ago

Play here free online bejeweled and enjoy lots of fun click here and follow the address http://bejeweled3.co this one is type of title matching puzzle video games.Thanks for this one.

mannmithun 12 days ago

getapk market is the best app to get all the apps at once in a single app

just go through it..

Getapk market

Getapk market apk

Getapk market download